• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beckham quits as England captain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beckham quits as England captain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...nd/5138288.stm
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Good riddance. See my response here:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threadnav8599-2-10.html
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

"On 15 November 2000 Peter Taylor gave me the greatest honour of my career in making me the captain of England, fulfilling my childhood dream."

Twat who kept it for 6 years did not mention that others may have also child dreams of becoming captain...

Comment

isnt his contract renewall for real madrid also on hold? Maybe its time for the old boy to leave international football

Comment

Beckham

Pity is PR skills far outshone is footballing skills. You have to give it to him he's clever how he got in quick with this one before he was dropped.

Comment

I think its "luck" rather than planned, he dosent seem to have a scooby. maybe he has a really, really clever PR Manager behind the scenes whos manipulating him - or it could be the mice in his head

Comment

Beckham was good when he had a good engine and his crossing was more consistent. He hasn't been like that since before the 2002 world cup.

People say half of our goals in 2006 resulted from his dead ball kicks, but that's because while he is on the pitch he takes every single one of them in the opponents half - probably more than forty in this world cup including corners.

Most of them have been crap, but by the law of averages if I aimed forty balls into the box at least three will result in goals. Lampard's corners were consistently better than Beckham's after he went off.

Comment

Working...
              X