• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I feel like a stranger where I live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like a stranger where I live

Interesting piece here.
    Shame they're not accepting comments, would have made interesting reading.

All of it true and totally mirrors my own experience.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Sloughwski Welcome to Eastern Europe

Challavey Welcome to Eastern India.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

But will Jane Kelly stop moaning and change her voting to reflect her problems so something can be done about it... I doubt it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
          Interesting piece here.
          Shame they're not accepting comments, would have made interesting reading.
          You were complaining about middle class white people moving in to your backwater yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            You were complaining about middle class white people moving in to your backwater yesterday.
            White Islington Luvvies - the very people who are complicit in allowing the above to take place.

Of course, they are sufficiently upwardly mobile to be able to get out when they want to....

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              WHS

Can the sockie-writers please work on their continuity? It makes it too hard to suspend disbelief

Comment

Scary stuff, I really feel for people like this too; what a nightmare.

I find this especially true of the South:

"Estate agents don’t advertise this self-segregation, of course. Instead there are polite codes for that kind of thing, such as the mention of “a good school”, which I believe is code for “mainly white English”. Not surprising when you learn that nearly one million pupils do not have English as a first language. "

My wife was subjected to an OFSTED inspection last year that expected to be able to measure her class based on the standard of the national curriculum. They had no recourse or advice for the challenges of teaching a class of 34 with 1 english speaker , the rest English as a 2nd language and 4 unable to speak any english at all. 14 languages in 1 infant class.

Apparantly the standard of teaching was only "acceptable"..

I hold very liberal views, but it does annoy me when I see people ignoring common sense for some pie in the sky PC sentiments that actually result in unequal rights and totally uncontrolled invasion in some areas.

I've lived in countries with the highest proportion of Muslims worldwide and have never seen anyone tolerate the behaviour that we in the UK seem to let pass as "its part of the culture" - when they have no idea what that "culture" actually is.

When you've got mass exodus from areas of Malaysia (more muslims than anywhere) due to its refusal to enforce Sharia Law on non muslims - to Preston Lancashire , where they feel more able to enforce it; then you know we need our officials to do some homework.

But of course, to some even writing about stuff like this is equal to racism

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Welcome to Londonistan.
                  Isn't this exactly how London is even in the white bits... everyone is rude, nobody talks to each other, etc?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Agreed, the author even says that in the article , "saying hello to shopkeepers, even though it's not the done thing in metropolitian" ...

Such a shame, I do see it as a north south divide thing though.

Comment

Working...
                    X