• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone use their LTD to get trade accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use their LTD to get trade accounts?

Is this possible?

...at places such as screwfix, B and Q, hardware shops, tile shops etc etc?

Does anyone check?

I suppose you could, however the base price of those places are higher than average anyway, their advantage has always been connivence rather than cost as the price was always passed onto the customer.

You could probably find a cheaper deal anyway just shopping around.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Trades don't like non trade getting trade cards.

I have been meaning to try though, say that I install networks.

Comment

I've got a B&Q trade card for my Ltd. Myco does some property development as well but they never checked. I put personal stuff on it occasionally but make sure that I pay with my own cards and not the company ones.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

See no problem with this, but it's just not been worthwhile so far . I only buy IT stuff though.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I suppose you could, however the base price of those places are higher than average anyway
            Where is the average price coming from if it's not all the main sellers? I don't know what % you get for trade but when my dad used to do up houses it was often something silly like 50%, and seemed to be worked out differently every time.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I've got a B&Q trade card for my Ltd. Myco does some property development as well but they never checked. I put personal stuff on it occasionally but make sure that I pay with my own cards and not the company ones.
              WHS
              Beer
              is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Where is the average price coming from if it's not all the main sellers? I don't know what % you get for trade but when my dad used to do up houses it was often something silly like 50%, and seemed to be worked out differently every time.
                With the B&Q one if you are just buying one or two things then there's virtually no change on the posted price. When I had to buy 20 bags of cement my card saved me 25%.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I used to have (and still have a few) trade accounts with computer related distributors and wholesalers and the usual trade places like Makro and Costco. The latter two are of pretty limited value, but any time I decide to dip into any kind of retail related plan b (which is fairly often), the Ltd and VAT number tend to circumvent all the usual crap you may encounter when trying to get trade accts with 'proper' distributors.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
                    Is this possible?

...at places such as screwfix
                    I've used my company credit card to get a screw. It got me in a bit of a fix..

Comment

Working...
                    X