• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

rally in equities

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rally in equities

Are we due a massive sell off in equities?

FTSE edges back above 6,300 level | Reuters
    Dow 20,000 Could Be Just '4 Years Away:' Strategist
    Asia Markets: Profit-Taking Weighs on Nikkei - WSJ.com

The economic experts (the ones that said everything is going to boom forever) are all telling us everything is going to boom forever again.

I don't think so.
    The FTSE100 at 6300 is still lower than it was 10 years ago. And given the huge and ongoing devaluation of the pound (against which this figure is valued) it means share prices are in real times much lower than they were then.

No, world share prices are going up up up for the next two years in my opinion.

Comment

Wait until we catch up with the eurozone tin-can they kicked down the road last autumn.

How are the Bubble and Squeaks doing these days anyway? My scooterscot-like colleague here says they are doing very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        How are the Bubble and Squeaks doing these days anyway? My scooterscot-like colleague here says they are doing very well.
        If a decline of 4-5% in GDP is doing well, then they are doing well

Greek economy to shrink 4.6 pct in 2013-think tank | Reuters
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The only thing that´s going down in 2013 is

Bad news for travellers as pound's value slumps to lowest level since 2011 (but FTSE 100 powers to five-year high) | Mail Online
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Means jet engines, pharamaceuticals, Range Rovers, Qashqais become cheaper for those people buying them abroad.
            Rather have a weak pound than depression (as in >25% of your GDP reducing over 5 years) as is happening in Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Means jet engines, pharamaceuticals, Range Rovers, Qashqais become cheaper for those people buying them abroad.
              Rather have a weak pound than depression (as in >25% of your GDP reducing over 5 years) as is happening in Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
              It's the same thing.

Comment

No, they don't get cheaper - price is the same as they are sold in their local currencies, but the manufacturer is making better profits.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                  It's the same thing.
                  Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  No, they don't get cheaper - price is the same as they are sold in their local currencies, but the manufacturer is making better profits.
                  Wrong. But you are competing economic cretins so I expect nothing less
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Wrong. But you are competing economic cretins so I expect nothing less
                    How are they different then sas?

Comment

Working...
                    X