• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats

Cats killing billions of animals in the US

Cats are one of the top threats to US wildlife, killing billions of animals each year, a study suggests.

The authors estimate they are responsible for the deaths of between 1.4 and 3.7 billion birds and 6.9-20.7 billion mammals annually.

Writing in Nature Communications, the scientists said stray and feral cats were the worst offenders.

However, they added that pet cats also played a role and that owners should do more to reduce their impact.

The authors concluded that more animals are dying at the claws of cats in the United States than in road accidents, collisions with buildings or poisonings.

The domestic cat's killer instinct has been well documented on many islands around the world.

Felines accompanying their human companions have gone on to decimate local wildlife, and they have been blamed for the global extinction of 33 species.

But their impact on mainland areas has been harder to chart.

Source of this outrageous libel is BBC - BBC News - Cats killing billions of animals in the US

I have a very powerful air rifle.

HTH
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I have industrial quantities of anti freeze

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

last cat round here popped its clogs a few months ago.

Sure I'm not imagining it but there seem to be a lot more birds in the garden since the cats went. I know what I prefer.

I also no longer have to worry about jabbing my fingers into a buried cat turd when I'm weeding the garden.

Comment

If I had to lick my own arse clean with a tongue made of sandpaper, then you can bet your warchest i'd be looking to take it out on anything which was too stupid to keep out of the way. Even if that meant a couple less tits for the good folk of cuk to enjoy.

Comment

Cats == :nazi:

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              I have a very powerful air rifle.

HTH
              Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I have industrial quantities of anti freeze

HTH
              I have a dog called Gnasher that eats cats.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We've got four cats, all rescue cats or strays.

One is 17 years old and spends all day by the radiator.

The second is a massive fat female tabby cat who lives in our ensuite and only comes out to sleep on our bed.

The third is a five year old feral ginger tom who is no trouble at all and catches lots of mice.

The fourth is a two year old black killer cat who brought in 14 rabbits last year (that we know about), some alive, then ate all the heads and eviscerated the bodies all over the kitchen floor. That's not counting the piles of feathers and mice stomachs that are all that's left of whatever he ate when he fancied a takeaway. We've caught him hunting in the forest more than half a mile away from the house. And yes he's been neutered.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  The fourth is a two year old black killer cat who brought in 14 rabbits las
                  Your cat killed Thumper... hope you're happy now
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                  X