• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

gutted......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gutted......

went for an interview, seemed to go well, ended with "well thanks we have your contact details and will be in touch..........."

hour later agent rings, oh good think I, celebration time this evening, pick up the phone, agent says got some feedback but unfortunately theyve decided to go with the other candidate. He said main reason was I seemed "reserved", which is a load as I seemed to be interviewing them, and they seemed "reserved". must give props to the agent tho for calling me with feedback.

I guess one of the interviewers just didnt like me from the get go, or didnt get her minge seen to last night/this morning (she could have just asked).

first time ive not got the gig in years, sure knocks the wind of you a little.

feel free to share your stories of being sh@t on.

rant over

Don't be so reserved - give all juicy details on what you were asked and what wrong answers you gave.

Comment

I think someone needs a large packet of growsome.. That isn't being tulip on, that's the experience from nearly everyone that doesn't get a gig. Fawning lickspittle bedwetter....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I think someone needs a large packet of growsome.. That isn't being tulip on, that's the experience from nearly everyone that doesn't get a gig. Fawning lickspittle bedwetter....

WHS

This is by far the biggest bedwetting post this year and really makes SuitYou look like Terminator.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

You seem to have mixed your insults up there. For reasons unknown I'm Fawning lickspittle (wait to I'm a Mod MF) and Suity is the bedwetter.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You'll need to do better than that to win this years award

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              WHS

This is by far the biggest bedwetting post this year and really makes SuitYou look like Terminator.
              phew! well at least its just the start of the year

thing is I answered all the technical questions better than they were asked, left them with no questions to ask other than "do you have any questions for us?". Just p1sses me off when you dont get a gig cos of an interviewer(s) personal grievances.

northernladuk: gizza job

Comment

Originally posted by churkus View Post
                phew! well at least its just the start of the year

thing is I answered all the technical questions better than they were asked, left them with no questions to ask other than "do you have any questions for us?". Just p1sses me off when you dont get a gig cos the interviewer(s) doesn't want to spend everyday looking like an idiot.

northernladuk: gizza job
                FTFY HTH

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  FTFY HTH
                  har ferkin har

Comment

Originally posted by churkus View Post
                    har ferkin har
                    sometimes the best candidate doesn't get the job because the interviewer is scared. Next time don't try to be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                    X