• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone see Bill Gates last night - humbling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC One - The Richard Dimbleby Lecture, Bill Gates: The Impatient Optimist
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

A blind woman on Twitter commented that she switched her TV to it by chance and spent a few confused moments wondering why Kermit the Frog was making a speech.

Comment

It was very good. Interesting to see the philanthropic man in action. I have no doubt he will succeed in wiping out Polio. Of course he's also causing a continuing problem in over population and disease by its nature is designed to help curb population.

But whatever makes him feel warm and fuzzy. Frankly I'd have used my money to make myself a Bond Supervillian.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Of course he's also causing a continuing problem in over population and disease by its nature is designed to help curb population.

That's in Philanthropy 2.0 :

Our Work in Family Planning - Overview & Approach | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Pope has allowed barrier contraception, wonder who convinced him?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Pope has allowed barrier contraception, wonder who convinced him?
          WTF is that? You stand that side of the mainline railway line and I'll stand this side and we can only do it on the line when no trains are coming?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Humility is clearly not a blessing that is given to everyone; especially here.
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Why is humility important in someone spending their cash to make other people better off?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                Understanding English is clearly not a blessing that is given to everyone; especially here.
                FTFY

Not sure where you got humility from, except for a desperate urge to attack Bill Gates
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                X