• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Interim Register

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Interim Register

Hi all, unfortunately my first post is somewhat negative. I’ve recently received a letter from The Interim Register agency stating that the company has gone into liquidation. They didn’t pay my last submitted invoice and the letter states that I must wait for the liquidator to contact me.

I’d be interested to hear from other contractors owed money by The Interim Register and from anyone who might know who the liquidator is and/or how I can find out.

Thanks
    Darren Taylor

Originally posted by Darren101 View Post
    Hi all, unfortunately my first post is somewhat negative. I’ve recently received a letter from The Interim Register agency stating that the company has gone into liquidation. They didn’t pay my last submitted invoice and the letter states that I must wait for the liquidator to contact me.

I’d be interested to hear from other contractors owed money by The Interim Register and from anyone who might know who the liquidator is and/or how I can find out.

Thanks
    Darren Taylor
    Sorry to hear that Darren. A quick scan of Companies House shows that they have 2 outstanding charges against the company. As an unsecured creditor you will be behind these in the pecking order and highly unlikely to receive anything.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

That’s what I thought, I’m not expecting to receive anything

Comment

Hi all, unfortunately my first post is somewhat negative.
        Ahh, that sucks. Welcome to the forum anyway.

It's a bit late now, but have you considered joining the PCG? They provide a certain amount of cover against agency failure.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Me Too

Hi Darren101

I'm in exacly the same position as you

Not in the slightest bit happy with the process or the lack of visibility - the letter kind of stinks and the lack of available contacts, or anything from the liquidator is adding insult to injury.

From an Interim Register perspective I think there is no real hope of significant payment. Speak quickly with the company you work for, that is vital

PM me if you want to speak, not a nice place to be in.

Comment

Me too recived an undated same letter

Hi All,

Very un-happy about The Interim Register un-dated letter with no proper communication person contact details to deal with the situation.. nobody @ Interim is picking up the landline / mobile / email / fax.

Keep me updated friends.

Thanks and regards
            Uma

Comment

update

I’ve received a letter from Begbies Traynor regarding the insolvency meeting, for The Interim Register, to take place on Wednesday 13th February 2013 at Bond Court Leeds. The letter included a ‘Proxy form (incorporating particulars of claim)’ which must be completed and returned by creditors no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 12th February 2013.

Contact details below

Tel: 0113 285 8649
              Begbies Traynor
              9th Floor
              Bond Court
              Leeds
              LS1 2JZ

Comment

Interim

Thanks
                Darren Taylor
                I am in the same situation - the last time I got paid my them was Dec - so I am missing 2 months invoices. I've spoken to a couple of solicitors and it looks like there is nothing that can be done to get the money we are owed. Any money they have left, which looking at their annual reports is nothing, will probably all go to the liquidator. We are at the bottom of the pile.
                I have also been advised that if they are trying to enforce a restraint of trade clause which prevents you from being employed for a year by whoever Interim had the contract with, then this would not be enforceable.
                Other than that it looks bleak

Comment

General...

Hi All,
                  I spoke to Eugine yesterday, he was as much use as a chocolate fire-guard to be honest.
                  He explained that the creditors meeting would be held on the 13th but said that there was no requirement to attend or appoint a proxy as, because we are registered creditors, we will receive the creditors report and details of the meeting once they are published.
                  He also explained that the legal deadline for the publication is 28 days following the meeting but expects it to be finalised and distributed much earlier than that.
                  I asked whether the report would be a general business status or specific for each creditor, he got a bit "wooley" at this point contradicted himself regarding the content but the upshot is that the report will detail the level of debt that we can expect to recover.

I've spoken to the end client and taken legal advice to see if there is a way to circumvent the process and recover the outstanding moneys from the client but unfortunately this is not possible. In legal terms my contract is with IR and their contract is with the client, the client and I have no binding obligation to each other.

@ Andy, is there any indication of the debt against these two companies?

Comment

Originally posted by ianlittlejohn View Post
                    Hi All,
                    I spoke to Eugine yesterday, he was as much use as a chocolate fire-guard to be honest.
                    He explained that the creditors meeting would be held on the 13th but said that there was no requirement to attend or appoint a proxy as, because we are registered creditors, we will receive the creditors report and details of the meeting once they are published.
                    He also explained that the legal deadline for the publication is 28 days following the meeting but expects it to be finalised and distributed much earlier than that.
                    I asked whether the report would be a general business status or specific for each creditor, he got a bit "wooley" at this point contradicted himself regarding the content but the upshot is that the report will detail the level of debt that we can expect to recover.

I've spoken to the end client and taken legal advice to see if there is a way to circumvent the process and recover the outstanding moneys from the client but unfortunately this is not possible. In legal terms my contract is with IR and their contract is with the client, the client and I have no binding obligation to each other.

@ Andy, is there any indication of the debt against these two companies?
                    Hi,

The free webcheck version of companies house only gives the number of charges. If you want to investigate further then CH direct on the same site gives you access to buy the documents. For a few quid you will get your answers.

Usually in these cases you will find information that proves the situation stinks but is ultimately legal.
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
                    X