• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This must be a bit of a rarity... boomed... just

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This must be a bit of a rarity... boomed... just

Client on my secondary contract unexpectedly pulled the rug out on an extension yesterday morning - last day of the contract (grr) - on the basis they wanted to get someone full-time.

Somehow I've talked them round to a 6-month extension after all, suggesting I help transition the work to a new person once they find one.

Do the rest of you often have to fight for your extensions?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

No. But I do sometimes fight, for my right, to party!!!!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        No. But I do sometimes fight, for my right, to party!!!!!!!
        Says the person who clearly can't fight his way out of a paper bag to get any time off

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Don't, don't, don't take a job where you are required to cover hours on the West coast of the US

(1) It takes you 2-3 hours every morning to catch up with the emails from the night before
        (2) The fookers set all of your meetings up from 8am (or 4pm your time)
        (3) The working day just goes on, and on and on and ******* on.

MF in 'just finished his last '5' minute call from 9.30 with someone who wanted to have a 'quick' chat.
        In the words of Roland from Grange Hill

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

PS Congrats

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Says the person who clearly can't fight his way out of a paper bag to get any time off
            All down to the fact I didn't hire quick enough.

Hoping to have a BA contractor on board in the US next week. Perm BA week after that. New system adminstrator in London week after that. Then it's put my feet up on the desk & post on CUK about what a fantastic Sas Guru I am and how cretinous you are.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Comment

I feel like I have to fight to leave. My client has become very bad at paying (65+ days) most of the people there are stupid and lazy, and I hate the commute.

Im 95% done on a system I wrote from scratch, so I feel like I have to finish it. But no one is putting in a proper effort to test it.

I suppose its like relationships, when you finally separate you feel this immense sense of relief and wonder why you put up with it so long.

Comment

Working...
                  X