• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian tax offices do their job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian tax offices do their job

India's most trusted brand Nokia hit with £1.5bn tax bill ? The Register

"Nokia will have to pay Rs 13,000 crore before March 31,” he said. Of that sum, Rs. 3,000 crore (£355.6m) is apparently for tax violations and Rs 10,000 crore (£1.2bn) is related to transfer pricing irregularities.

Transfer pricing – which refers to the trade between two related companies – is one of the hottest areas of international tax fraud, occurring typically when two subsidiaries or a parent and its subsidiary distort the price of traded goods to lower the overall tax bill.

India’s Income Tax department alleges in the report that Nokia hasn’t paid tax on certain software supplies and is trying to reorganise its business to circumvent direct and indirect tax liabilities, according to Economic Times.

The tax clampdown is part of a wider campaign by Indian officials focused on large multinationals in the region, with Vodafone and Google already on the receiving end of some large bills.
    lets outsource our tax authorities!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Hahahaha it appears that at least they are good at something then
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Hahahaha it appears that at least they are good at something then
      Actually I don't think I ever suggested they aren't, they had science centuries ahead of us 500 years ago. They have nuclear power that hasn't blown up in the first 10 years (unlike ours did) and a space program.

But the commercial reality of their offerings for the user frequently makes them appear crap.

Just as if you put HAB on the game there isn't much chance of making customers happy.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Actually I don't think I ever suggested they aren't, they had science centuries ahead of us 500 years ago. They have nuclear power that hasn't blown up in the first 10 years (unlike ours did) and a space program.
        God you are deluded. Let's have a look at this great blog about a Chinese guy who visited India for 2 months, I think he captured the real India, dont you? Its just how I imagined it tbh.

Filthy India Photos, Chinese Netizen Reactions – chinaSMACK

and everywhere there were people had something in common — dirty, messy and stank.
        China’s toilet usage/habits have come a long way in the past ten years, so is there any reason that India, another ancient Eastern civilisation, can’t do the same?
        Maybe only in the most disgusting of material surroundings, and the basest living conditions can we find the most profound spiritual enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          God you are deluded. Let's have a look at this great blog about a Chinese guy who visited India for 2 months, I think he captured the real India, dont you? Its just how I imagined it tbh.

Well, now you've had a go at Africans AND Indians, would you like to have a go at anyone else?

Latin Americans?
          Eskimoes?
          Arabs?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

Apparently they lick the chutney spoon and then put it back too

Comment

look at the buildings in the background, they are capable of great things.

They are also capable of gross inhumanity on their poor, most of which aren't educated.

Comment

Nokia Ltd

This is what happens when you use your Finnish Ltd company and work in India. The Locals want their tax. 1.5 Billion. They should have taken advice from us at Contractor UK and not their dodgy accountant. This is a hot topic in the UK right now. The mutinationals pay no tax and you guys have sleepless nights worring about IR35

Comment

Actually I don't think I ever suggested they aren't.
                  I know you were not, it was me who was suggesting that they weren't
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

look at the buildings in the background, they are capable of great things.

They are also capable of gross inhumanity on their poor, most of which aren't educated.
                    Yep. I watched that programme about US truckers driving in India, 'World's most dangerous roads' or something like that. Billions were being spent on a big shiny new hydroelectric power station but not one cent was spent on improving the roads that the truckers use to get building materials there. I think truckers are basically seen as 'expendable' by the Indian elites.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X