• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't help your wife do the housework, whatever you do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't help your wife do the housework, whatever you do...

Couples who stick to gender roles in the home have sex 20 times more per year | Mail Online
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

It's true!
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I don't do any housework beyond ironing. I'm rubbish at it. He used to do it all (hopelessly efficient). I recently started paying for a weekly cleaner cause I felt a tad guilty.

Traditional gender roles would halt any potential relationship for me prior to the getting-laid stages. And I've grown out of friends-with-benefits arrangements.

Anyway. Says they examined 4500 couples with an average age in their mid 40s. This study is useless without them releasing the information of how many of those couples live in traditional gender roles and how many don't. I mean, I'd estimate 80-90% live in woman-does-it-all households. No wonder the results are skewed in their favour for sexual frequency in that case.

That aside, if an additional 1.6 sexual encounters per month make or break your sex life, it can't be that great (and frequent) to begin with.
      Last edited by formant; 1 February 2013, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
        I don't do any housework beyond ironing. I'm rubbish at it.
        Im rubbish at things I dont want to do too.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          Im rubbish at things I dont want to do too.
          That's pretty much it.

There are various activities I'd prefer to pay someone for than do it myself.

Comment

That aside, if an additional 1.6 sexual encounters per month make or break your sex life, it can't be that great (and frequent) to begin with.
            Wait till baby comes along!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Wait till baby comes along!
              Scared now.

Comment

Scared now.
                Never mind, maybe you can pay someone else to do 'various activities' for you.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Never mind, maybe you can pay someone else to do 'various activities' for you.

Comment

Classic poor research with dubious conclusions.

Perhaps whatever it is that makes men more willing to do the housework also makes them less interesting in shagging.

Perhaps men who choose the 'caring' role subliminally choose partners who are less interested in sex.

Perhaps men who are so macho that helping around the home is beneath them also exaggerate the amount of sex they get, or get more sex because they demand it

What a load of crap.

Personally, I find that helping around the house gets me more action (this is me doing the ironing)

Comment

Working...
                    X