• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever thought you're about to die?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Carrying on from vetran's thread about the columbia astronauts)

I have. I got some very nasty gut infections in India, lost about 3 stone in a few weeks and having puked blood, tulipted something resembling a rotten egg, lost so much fluid I had cramp in every muscle in my body, I downed a half bottle of whiskey thinking I may as well get it over and done with. For some reason I woke up feeling somewhat better with only a stinking headache.

Not nice though, really thinking it's the end; I wonder if those astronauts had that moment of thinking it's over.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

There weren't told of the risk.

So possibly they didn't know until it broke up.

Comment

Yes,

The fear of drowning was very real during my kayaking days.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You are about to die.

Oh, you meant imminently. No, but sooner than you'd like. There is no time to waste.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          There is no time to waste.
          Indeed; that's one lesson from it.

Comment

When the caravan travelled over my bonnet.

When the two lorries I was following (a bit too close because they had just braked) decided to part creating a vacuum that tried to eat my car.

Stuck while potholing - I wasn't fat at the time I just have a huge ribcage. Because I got myself worked up I couldn't get through and it was the only way out easily, lots of tired kids behind me.

In Dubai with Arab belly - I found green jelly wanted to gush out of my bottom 200 miles from a loo.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              When the caravan travelled over my bonnet.

When the two lorries I was following (a bit too close because they had just braked) decided to part creating a vacuum that tried to eat my car.

Stuck while potholing - I wasn't fat at the time I just have a huge ribcage. Because I got myself worked up I couldn't get through and it was the only way out easily, lots of tired kids behind me.

In Dubai with Arab belly - I found green jelly wanted to gush out of my bottom 200 miles from a loo.
              Yeah what IS the greeny jelly like stuff? In India it was greeny yellow, bloody terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Yeah what IS the greeny jelly like stuff? In India it was greeny yellow bloody. Terrifying.
                Just be grateful that sentence wasn't punctuated differently.

Comment

Took my lad up to Norway 5 or 6 years ago, in March. I was taking my car over the mountains from Oslo to Bergen, and I checked that the passes were clear, at tourist information. They were.

What they didnt tell me, was that they were open if you had winter tyres, chains, and a snow plough leading the way.
                  So we went through a patch of snow and I thought we were at the top. We wern't. We took a hairpin and the wheels started slipping. next thing we were heading backwards to a thousand foot drop, with just the barrier in between.

my son looked at me and said 'Dad. are we going to die?' 'yep'.
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

In my scuba day's I was paired with a noob who panicked under water pretty much taking himself out and me in the process resulting in a bad case of decompression sickness and a broken nose
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X