• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DPD delivery company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPD delivery company

Normally we only post about companies to winge about tulip service but not this time.

When ever I order pet food from Amazon they use DPD to deliver and the service is fantastic.

On the day of dispatch you get both a text and an email with your delivery date giving you the option to "Deliver to Neighbour", postpone by 1 day or postpone by 2 days.

On the day of delivery you get another text/email with 1hr timeslot and again the option to defer delivery or dump on the neighbours.

They always arrive smack bang in the middle of the timeslot. No idea how expensive they are but they know what they're doing.

Anyone else been impressed by a service provider recently?

I am also impressed with DPD
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

+1 they have been fantastic!
      Join IPSE

Comment

I have to agree, they are fantastic I order from a supplements company that uses them and their delivery is next day (to my UK address)
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Whilst at uni I worked in E-commerce and switched the store's logistics provider from BusinessPost/UKMail (shockingly crap service) to DPD/Interlink. Saved my bosses a ton of cash and there were never any issues with their service. As far as shipping companies go, I've never encountered a more reliable one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Normally we only post about companies to winge about tulip service but not this time.

When ever I order pet food from Amazon they use DPD to deliver and the service is fantastic.

On the day of dispatch you get both a text and an email with your delivery date giving you the option to "Deliver to Neighbour", postpone by 1 day or postpone by 2 days.

On the day of delivery you get another text/email with 1hr timeslot and again the option to defer delivery or dump on the neighbours.

They always arrive smack bang in the middle of the timeslot. No idea how expensive they are but they know what they're doing.

Anyone else been impressed by a service provider recently?
            Sounds like the same company that couriers for Humax Direct - I've even whinged at Apple for not having the customer service deliveries that Humax has. It looks like I'll need to change that to Humax/DPD
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My impression is same; really good service.

Comment

+1 - I had very good experience with DPD.

The tulipest was Yodel

Comment

I had a bad experience with them, though it was also partly the company i ordered from's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by SAPABAPLeeds View Post
                    +1 - I had very good experience with DPD.

The tulipest was Yodel
                    Agreed

Though I want to call Yodel a bunch of f******* liars, a******* and thieves.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X