• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receipts for Online Card Payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receipts for Online Card Payments

There's a debate going on as part of the current programme of work that in the UK, if a customer asks for a receipt for an online card payment (or CNP/customer not present) that there is a requirement (whether legal or regulatory) to offer a receipt.

I can't find any mention of it to say either way and wondered if you folks knew if this is the case and if so where I can find it from a reputable source to reference.

IIRC if you charge VAT you are legally required to provide a receipt with the VAT breakdown. I don't think it's the case in non-VAT scenarios although it maybe in some circumstances.

Edit: I guess if the product being sold has any sort of warranty then a receipt would be required.

Comment

Working...
    X