• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To those with up and running plan B businesses...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those with up and running plan B businesses...

How do you handle the legal side of things, getting contracts drawn up when you win a contract or whatever? Solicitor on retainer? Pay to get a contract drawn up only? Buy a template and modify it yourself?

Mods move this to professional section if you prefer, but it's not contracting-related
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    How do you handle the legal side of things, getting contracts drawn up when you win a contract or whatever? Solicitor on retainer? Pay to get a contract drawn up only? Buy a template and modify it yourself?

Mods move this to professional section if you prefer, but it's not contracting-related
    I got one drawn up based on another one from a company providing similar services.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've always managed to get my hands on a contract from another company & change accordingly or terms and conditions.

For what you have in mind, why not use these guys terms_and_conditions
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Is it credible to hack your own contract for a genuine B2B contract though... where there is a non-negligible chance it might have to actually stand up in court.

Isn't ripping someone else's contract totally illegal anyway?!

Comment

Is it credible to hack your own contract for a genuine B2B contract though... where there is a non-negligible chance it might have to actually stand up in court.

Isn't ripping someone else's contract totally illegal anyway?!
          Isn't it more providing a pointer as to what you want covered. You don't think a solicitor really drafts a contract from scratch everytime a client asks for one to be written.

Comment

Obviously not, but isn't the way things are worded important? Or is that only on TV - the fact they never write in normal English makes me nervous of writing clauses.

Comment

Obviously not, but isn't the way things are worded important? Or is that only on TV - the fact they never write in normal English makes me nervous of writing clauses.
              There is a reason why there are not in normal English. Unless things are in correct explicit legalise another lawyer will drive a tank through the contract.

Comment

I paid a proper contract lawyer to draw up a contract template. Cost several hundred but worth it.

Word to the wise: "proper" contracts make customers nervous, they have to run it by legal, etc and this does delay the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Word to the wise: "proper" contracts make customers nervous, they have to run it by legal, etc and this does delay the sale.
                  I think it's unavoidable and sensible... we're talking close to 6 figures for a project.

Comment

I think it's unavoidable and sensible... we're talking close to 6 figures for a project.
                    If you put it like that, absolutely yes!

Comment

Working...
                    X