• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nexus 7

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nexus 7

Anyone got one? Pros / cons????

Dad's 70th in a few weeks and my brother is keen for us to get him one. Not entirely sure what he will use it for - emails and playing patience if current use of the desktop is anything to go by!

Originally posted by SarahL2012 View Post
    Dad's 70th in a few weeks ... Not entirely sure what he will use it for - emails and playing patience if current use of the desktop is anything to go by!
    Er, I think you've answered your own question!

Take him out for a memorable birthday dinner.

Comment

a better option maybe a Kindle Fire????

Comment

How would that be better?

Kindle app runs on Nexus 7 anyway.

Comment

I've only had mine for 2 weeks (the 32gig wifi+3g version). I absolutely love it. It's faster and less clunky than my OH's iPad, and really quite a pleasure to use.

Now, I'm not sure however, whether it's suitable for the 'older' generation.

But it's a pretty awesome machine.

Comment

I got my mum a Nexus 7 for Christmas, seems to do everything she needs, email, web, facebook etc
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I got one as I can read all my ePub format books on it which you can't do on the Kindle. Its also good for while I'm lying on my bed in the hotel watching films on, last night was Porridge the Movie followed by 2 episodes of Keeping Up Appearances. I only got the WiFi one as the 3g wasn't available at the time but it tethers to my laptop or phone with no problems.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Thanks everyone

The surprise dinner is already being organised - he hates that kind of thing, so expecting to get disinherited shortly after.

We wanted to get him something a bit special & if he really doesn't like it, then I'll have it back off him & he can have socks instead!!

Comment

I got my kids one each and they seem to like them and use them a lot. Social networking, games, skype etc etc etc.

My only suggestion would be, as it is your Dad's 70th, to get the Nexus 10, not the 7. And that is only down to eyesight and overall fiddlyness of a 7" tablet.
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    ... ePub ...
                    is that like a webcam in a pub, or something ?

I'm off to the real pub soon

Comment

Working...
                    X