• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joining the (really) dark side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining the (really) dark side

Anyone ever thought about going to work for the enemy? Becoming an agent?

I've seen a few true maestros at work, so I know what good agents look like....

Mods....perma-ban for evading the swear-filter?

Comment

Originally posted by rob s View Post
      I know what good agents look like....
      According to a million linkedin profiles:
      19 years old
      female
      just finished her a-levels (fnarr fnarr)
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Have you ever noticed on LinkedIn if you view the profile of a fit bird and then look at the People Also Viewed.. they all happen to be fit birds
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Many years ago, to my shame, I went for an interview at an agency for an agents role, I will admit in my naivety that having a few years computing experience under my belt I would be a given, at a rather prestigious agency based in the West End of London. Oh what a fool I was...The interview was basically about basic salary (**** all) and then how to top this up with bonuses by placing people, cold calling by getting references, what type of car the interviewer drives and more drivel. Had to have a shower afterwards.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I always thought in principle it could be a fun thing to do, but probably on your own rather than as an employee, so you could cut out all the crap parts. More a boutique agency handling just a small number of people.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I know someone who worked at an agency (not a fit bird - that may have been his mistake). He hated it - endless cold-calling

Comment

I know a contractor who started his own agency placing other contractors at client co.... then he stopped contracting and did the agency work full time, I contracted through his agency once, every time I contact him he seemed to be on a beach somewhere warm all over the world

It helped that his wife was a senior PMO at client co for the biggest program going, all contractor recruitment went through her
                When I left there he had 50 contractors placed at the client.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                  on a beach somewhere warm all over the world
                  Well I for one don't begrudge him his rewards for a job well done.

Comment

Working...
                  X