• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website of choice for contract searches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website of choice for contract searches

With jobserve playing up and being a bit meh, which websites do you fall back on for your searches?

Also anybody had much joy using LinkedIn to secure new roles?

Seem to get load of invitations but nothing concrete.

Cheers

jobserve
    cwjobs
    technojobs

These are usually my first ports of call, when looking for a new contract.

Edit : LinkedIn networks seems to be increasing in popularity when looking too, although I haven't personally worked through that route yet.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 7 February 2013, 09:20.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I saw my first contract posted on linkedin jobs a week or so ago, they're usually just perm roles on there.

Comment

Recent changes to jobswerve are utter tulipe. You cant 'activate' your cv unless you make it your profile.

LinkedIn is a question of just accessing it at the right time as an agent or employer puts notice up they are looking for people ie you cant do searches as you do on JS. I wouldnt say its only perm stuff though. I see lots of contract stuff just not in my sphere ATM!

I tend to find I get more calls from agents via jobsite or at least they say they saw the cv there as opposed to JS.

You could also try cwjobs but in the main, they are all the same ie JS JobSite, CWJobs etc.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

one agency just forwarded me my Jobserve CV saying it can't be opened. Looks like the file was corrupted. I checked the CV that I attached Jobserve, which is absolutely alright!!

When agencies are getting 100's of CV they might just ignore corrupted CV & move on to the next one. This is pathetic service from Jobserve.

Any one else got similar feedback from any agencies..?

Comment

My single job search site was Jobserve till now. Because search of any other site will get nearly same jobs seen in Jobserve. But now due to issues with Jobserve, I am planning to use couple of more sites..

My experience with other sites..

JobSite - most of roles are same as Jobserve & interface is not that user friendly
            CW Jobs - not used that much, but today found some new roles there not seen in Jobserve
            Techno Jobs - never used, planned to try today
            SC Jobs - rarely used, but most of those jobs are in Jobserve any way
            CV Lib - not much useful, but looks like lot of CV view from agencies, but never got any calls based on that though
            Monster - Absolute rubbish till recently, but no seems to be getting better..
            The IT Jobboard - rarely used, but most of those jobs are in Jobserve any way
            Jobboard.it- rarely used, but most of those jobs are in Jobserve any way
            Total jobs - rarely used, but most of those jobs are in Jobserve any way

What you guys think..?

Comment

CV lib seemed to ignore my marketing preferences and spammed the hell out of me with offers to re-write my CV, accountants, brollies etc - both phone and email.

Its matching algorithm is also pretty dire with an over-emphasis on geographical proximity.

Comment

Working...
              X