• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice for recruiters when leaving a message...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for recruiters when leaving a message...

At least a general location.

At least a general skill set.

Don't mumble your name and who you work for if you work in a loud office.

It is not a competion to say your number as quickly as you can

"Hi, this is mumble mumble here at mumble co, I have a role for you, my number is 02...3, thanks"

Is it a surprise to agents why we do not pick up and do not phone back 95% of the time?

Amen to that. All of those happen in the same message far too regularly. Very poor phone etiquette.

To be fair it isn't just agencies though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      At least a general location.

At least a general skill set.

Don't mumble your name and who you work for if you work in a loud office.

It is not a competion to say your number as quickly as you can

"Hi, this is mumble mumble here at mumble co, I have a role for you, my number is 02...3, thanks"

Is it a surprise to agents why we do not pick up and do not phone back 95% of the time?
      I work on phone backs. I am good enough to work on phone backs alone. If they want me, they know where they can phone me. Otherwisem I'm out.

Comment

In the last few years I noticed some agents are using a mobile number or a non 'Blocked' number which made my life so much easier, I can just ring them back from the missed calls list.
        The blocked/Unknown number is so annoying... I say all agents should have mobile numbers, or no hidden caller id.

Comment

I have to agree with other comments. The voicemail that you have to listen to 3 times before you have managed to get the number is really annoying.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

And stop using 'interesting opportunity' to mean 'permie job requiring you to take an effective 60% paycut'.

Comment

Working...
            X