• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A job offer out of the blue...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A job offer out of the blue...

Hi ,

We are delighted to formally offer you an employment to work with us in our Company. Having seen your resume on
    jobsite.co.uk.

The salary for position offered is 1,500 GBP per month. The standard group benefit plans and fringe benefits will be covered. The job details will be provided to you with return e-mail.

Your working timetable will be Monday through Friday for 2-3 hours a day. Trial period - 30 working days from the day you apply.

Please contact with Human Resource Department at
    [email protected] if you agree to the specified terms and conditions.

Respectfully,
    Miss Angela
    Recruitment Manager

Received this morning - no idea who Miss Angela is.
    Anyone fancy clicking on the link
    Blood in your poo

Boomed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
        Hi ,

We are delighted to formally offer you an employment to work with us in our Company. Having seen your resume on
        jobsite.co.uk.

The salary for position offered is 1,500 GBP per month. The standard group benefit plans and fringe benefits will be covered. The job details will be provided to you with return e-mail.

Your working timetable will be Monday through Friday for 2-3 hours a day. Trial period - 30 working days from the day you apply.

Please contact with Human Resource Department at
        [email protected] if you agree to the specified terms and conditions.

Respectfully,
        Miss Angela
        Recruitment Manager

Received this morning - no idea who Miss Angela is.
        Anyone fancy clicking on the link
        If that is the email they are asking you to reply to then it is a scam
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          If that is the email they are asking you to reply to then it is a scam

No Sh!t Sherlock !
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            No Sh!t Sherlock !

Clearly a scam. Proper emails would ask you for:

1. A copy of your 'international passport'
            2. Your personal and business telephone and FAX numbers.
            3. Bank account number for payment.
            4. $350 paid by Western union to de barrister for clearance of your fund.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Your job will be to provide your bank account. You then transfer money that will appear in this acount to an account in Peru once a day.

Eventually a policeman will come knocking on your door ask you to accompany him to the station.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

No, it's money laundering. They send to you via compromised paypal, you forward them on to additional accounts. I set up a spoof account to look into it further when I had an email like this, they pay you per 'transaction'.

Edit - exactly what BB said above ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by rob s View Post
                  No, it's money laundering. They send to you via compromised paypal, you forward them on to additional accounts. I set up a spoof account to look into it further when I had an email like this, they pay you per 'transaction'.

Edit - exactly what BB said above ^^^^^
                  So you're saying that (assuming you're not detected and apprehended by the police) you do actually gain money from this process?

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post

Your working timetable will be Monday through Friday for 2-3 hours a day.
                    I've got a better paying one:

Attention:

Three groups of companies instructed me to inform you of your first payment of £4,599 (GBP)by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Save Money. Live Better),the British Prime Minister Mr. David Cameron and the G-20 committee and I will keep on sending you £4,599 (GBP)until the payment of £499,399(GBP)is fully completed.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X