• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmm playing with fire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm playing with fire

I share my husband with his ex wife - and I don't mind (honest) | Mail Online

Gotta to admire his courge
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Poly relationships can work, but do require more communication and honesty. This trio don’t have the issue of sex to muddy the waters so it’s just a matter of friendship.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

I bet David Gavin sandwhich is on the menu regularly
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hmm playing with fire

Hah, Mr Formant's ex-wife would actually kill me if she could get away with it. He on the other hand gets on remarkably well with 3 of my ex-partners. As opposed to his ex, mine are decent people though. Despite being a close witness to his ex's deranged behavior, I'm always amazed how people can go from loved-up to hating each other with ridiculous intensity after breaking up. Surely that's just admitting you made a super crap decision to be with that person in the first place? Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
          ...I'm always amazed how people can go from loved-up to hating each other with ridiculous intensity after breaking up. Surely that's just admitting you made a super crap decision to be with that person in the first place? Hmm.
          Not necessarily. People can change over time, people become resentful and bitter, solicitors can get involved and play the long game, asset splitting can become downright full on war.

Sometimes you can remain friends, but often not. Quite unpleasant business to be honest.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Not necessarily. People can change over time, people become resentful and bitter, solicitors can get involved and play the long game, asset splitting can become downright full on war.

Sometimes you can remain friends, but often not. Quite unpleasant business to be honest.
            yes sooner we get a formulaic calculation for splitting the proceeds of marriage and the prior wealth plus mandatory consultation with appeals if you don't agree. the better.

Currently the poorer side sees it as a payday regardless of effort and input.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Gotta to admire his courge
              I'd rather not see his courge.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Oh of course people can change. But most don't change that drastically - the particularly unpleasant ones will have shown some signs of that prior to the break-up. It's easier to be unpleasant after separation - it takes a lot of work, strength, and getting-over-yourself to 'stay friends'. :-/

Comment

Working...
                X