• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Intervention

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Intervention

Moderate drinkers 'are fooling themselves': They consume 40% more alcohol than they think | Mail Online

OK who is a sinner and has more than a pipette of wine a year!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

A teeny weeny bit of extrapolation there

To get a picture of drinking habits, 19 people were asked to keep a detailed drinks diary for two weeks.

Those that took part were drinking on average the equivalent of an extra large glass of wine each day, or 40 per cent more that they thought.
    You couldn't make it up.
    Last edited by Sysman; 7 February 2013, 14:53.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

You couldn't make it up.
      They did!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

God not MORE daily wail links, please

Comment

Any one else think tis thread was gonna be about Cojak!

We all here are your friends, and have come together because we love you, but are also worried....
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My problem (ha) is not that I drink a lot, but that I too easily fall into the routine of drinking every day. Often one glass with dinner, or a whisky (but a large one I suppose) after working on plan B in the evening. 1-2 drinks on average, rarely more.

I think this could be where the pounds are coming from...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I think this could be where the pounds are coming from...
              Are you sure? In my case it's where the £ are going to

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Are you sure? In my case it's where the £ are going to

Many years ago some bloke with enormous pot belly came into the pub. The bloke next to me exclaimed "That gut must have cost tens of thousands!"

Last year I had one of those "Feck me, how did I get through so much money over the weekend?" moments and decided to write down all my booze expenditure.

Once you start doing that it's easy enough to work it back to how many beers you had.

It definitely helps when you want to lose weight.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X