• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tedium

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tedium

Last day at ClientCo, and I'm finishing off documentation

There's only so much one can think of to say about fields called "title" or "description". Next time I'm going to use random strings for all method and property names, and make the code as convoluted as I can, so I at least have something to write about - indeed, something to figure out - at the end of the gig

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Last day at ClientCo, and I'm finishing off documentation

There's only so much one can think of to say about fields called "title" or "description". Next time I'm going to use random strings for all method and property names, and make the code as convoluted as I can, so I at least have something to write about - indeed, something to figure out - at the end of the gig
    Try working song titles into the text.

e.g.

This function is to calculate when the system is 'Under Pressure'
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Last day next week for me, client seems to have given up bothering me.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ugh. Two days WFH watching movies this week.

Although on my To Do list it says "look up 'pro-active'"

Comment

te dominum

chant chant chant
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Last day next week for me, client seems to have given up bothering me.
            To be fair, ClientCo weren't really asking for a lot more than the odd readme; but one important bit I've done is a node.js app which is full of asynchronous IO and callbacks. I figured it could do with being properly documented as you can't easily see where it's going even if you try to single-step through it in a debugger - if some HTTP request comes back when you're not looking, a whole bunch of things could happen behind your back

Comment

…and I'm out of here

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                …and I'm out of here
                Another client laid low!

enjoy the bench.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

How do you find node.js Nick (if you can bear to discuss it now you're not paid to know about it)?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I once spent a few weeks debugging a really complex set of multi dimensional bugs. I eventually figured out it was somewhere in a small section of about 12 lines of code. Looking at the comment it said "Hello CoolCat this is your old mate Fred here, I couldnt figure out how to get this to work either, I knew you would get here eventually, sorry mate"

Fred of course had left several months earlier

Those were the days

Comment

Working...
                    X