• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

$1m insurance claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1m insurance claim

Rowan Atkinson's McLaren car repair costs insurers almost £1 million - Telegraph

If you had a 1997 car do you reckon they would have paid out?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I would imagine his premiums over 15 years are worth more than enough to the insurers that they won't be out of pocket
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I would imagine his premiums over 15 years are worth more than enough to the insurers that they won't be out of pocket
      Not sure I suspect they are £10 -> 20K not £100K+.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Not sure I suspect they are £10 -> 20K not £100K+.
        He has a lot of cars though.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Read the same story on Yahoo and they said that in a recent sale, a mint one of these went for £3.5 million. That's why they paid out because the 900k to put it right wasn't enough to write it off. looking at the damage he caused to it I suspect that perhaps he was going a little fast! I'd suprised they paid out on that basis
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
            Read the same story on Yahoo and they said that in a recent sale, a mint one of these went for £3.5 million. That's why they paid out because the 900k to put it right wasn't enough to write it off. looking at the damage he caused to it I suspect that perhaps he was going a little fast! I'd suprised they paid out on that basis
            I did.

My ancient Mondeo was worth £500 on the street, I got £250 from insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
              He probably told them as he was the fastest star in the reasonable priced car he was qualified to drive at that speed

Comment

Working...
              X