• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For a geek forum...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a geek forum...

...this board has p1ss poor emoticons. How is an IT geek supposed to express himself properly without emoticons??? Through language!? Is that what you want? Is it? Huh? God, next you will be saying orange shirts, purple trousers and sandals aren't a good match.

Even the paranormal forum has a better selection of emoticons 8o

Do any of you Geeks know how I can put emoticons onto my emails?

Comment

Yes, but not going to tell you.

Code:

_   _
                \|/(_)_(_)\|/
                 @~ (o.o) ~@
                /___( * )___\   NA NA
                   / `U' \      NANA
                  (   .   )      NA !!!
                   `>---<'
                   _\   /_

Comment

Do any of you Geeks know how I can put emoticons onto my emails?
        It'll cost ya!

Comment

Do any of you lesser life forms ever consider googling before you post a question?

Comment

You are a mean lot

Comment

You don't know you're born

When I were a lad we had to make our own emoticons out of ASCII punctuation characters.

Now you kids expect somebody else to do it for you.

;op
              (a squashy-nosed man winking and sticking his tongue out, that one)

Comment

Re: You don't know you're born

> Do any of you Geeks know how I can put emoticons onto my emails?

Don't go there - you'd have to send html emails which any self respecting geek will block for security reasons.

Anyhow why would you want to - your use of the language makes it clear enough for anybody with more than 2 brain cells. Ah - just realised - maybe you need to communicate with HR bods.

Comment

Fiddle effoffandie

Comment

Yes but don't imagine anyone can find what they want on Google

It has its favourites, and sometimes, for no very obvious reason, it takes a dead set against some of us. I can type "chair" into google and it comes back with 2 results. I don't really know what I ever did to offend it, but there you are. It never forgives either.

I heard about somebody the other day who was searching for "shade loving plants" who got 36,474 references for "chair". It has to send them somewhere I suppose. Bitch!

If Google ever asks me how long to cook tomatoes I will keep my knowledge to myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X