• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Beatles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beatles

What a great band.

Not really. Lennon and McCartney wrote good songs but thats about it.

To be a band you have to play live and IIRC the Beatles never played in anger after 1966. Apart from in the studio.

It's the Stones every time for me.

Comment

The stones are a blasphemy.

70 year old Jagger strutting about doing his little ass moves on the floor acting like he is some drug pusher in the swamps.

Who is kidding who here?

The beatlees finished when the time was good.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        The stones are a blasphemy.

70 year old Jagger strutting about doing his little ass moves on the floor acting like he is some drug pusher in the swamps.

Who is kidding who here?

The beatlees finished when the time was good.

He's still got all the moves though has our Mick.

Watching poor old Macca is like looking at a cadaver going through the motions. Didn't you see him at the zjubilee?

Comment

The Beatles were good. The Stones were good. The Who were good. Credence Clearwater Revival were good. There is ****loads of good stuff out there and an awful lot of it happened before I was born. I wouldn't pay the preposterous prices involved to go and see any of them today when I can get it all on my interwebotron for free.

The Travelling Wilburys were quite good too. I watched a good TV programme about that recently.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Listeing to 'in my life' by the Beatles and listening to HAIM 'don't save me'.

Essentially the same drum beat, just a wee bit faster and with a modern spin.

Who says ringo was a crap drummer?

Comment

Oddly enough, my favourite Beatles song is Here Comes The Sun which was written by George Harrison.

I'll never forget spending 2 days in an oversized condom at the Reading Rock Festival. It was wet, man, it was wet. Then, when there was a chink in the clouds and we caught a glimpse of the sun that song went out over the PA. Don't think it was their version though. May have been Cockney Rebel.

Edit: my memory serves me bad. I was in "canvas city" at a different festival.
              Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 9 February 2013, 00:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
                Oddly enough, my favourite Beatles song is Here Comes The Sun which was written by George Harrison.

I'll never forget spending 2 days in an oversized condom at the Reading Rock Festival. It was wet, man, it was wet. Then, when there was a chink in the clouds and we caught a glimpse of the sun that song went out over the PA. Don't think it was their version though. May have been Cockney Rebel.

Edit: my memory serves me bad. I was in "canvas city" at a different festival.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Who says ringo was a crap drummer?
                  Lennon. When he was asked if Starr was the best drummer in the world he replied that he was.t even the best drummer in the Beatles.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
                    Lennon. When he was asked if Starr was the best drummer in the world he replied that he was.t even the best drummer in the Beatles.
                    'She said, she said', tomorow never knows'

Comment

Working...
                    X