• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I find out what parent company a particular agency belongs to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I find out what parent company a particular agency belongs to?

I have the name of an agency, I want to find out the name of its parent company, and then also, more importantly, all other companies that belong to that parent company.

Some agancies openly state this on their website (e.g computer people), other's do not. Particular sister companies I have noticed.

Anybody able to help?

Thanks in advance.

Most agencies openly declare by their name, what company they belong to. Reed Technology and Reed Pro Services are both Reed Agency.
    Computer People and Generic software cosultants are same agency.

Even Clients follow this trend. Seimens Business Services are the same as Siemens Pro Services.

Anyone had a call from a yappy recently offering £250 a day, for a rollout contract, then asking about previous interviews and who u spoke to? Agency crap.

Comment

Try looking at shareholder info from Companies House - you may have to buy a few reports to unravel the chain of companies owning each other but there is a good chance you find main one, even though they may use offshore company to prevent tracking main one.

Comment

Chances are it's an S3 company.
        Go to www.sthree.com and download their annual report which gives the list of all the companies in the group, or alternatively, post the ag*ncy name here and we'll tell you.
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Why not just ask them?

If they won't tell you then that is a clear indicator they are to be avoided.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Try looking at shareholder info from Companies House - you may have to buy a few reports to unravel the chain of companies owning each other but there is a good chance you find main one, even though they may use offshore company to prevent tracking main one.

Just a thought, are there any restrictions in offshore companies owning shares in UK limited companies?
            HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
              Just a thought, are there any restrictions in offshore companies owning shares in UK limited companies?
              I don't think so (at least insofar as LTDs are concerned - public companies are regulated stricter) - UK is very liberal in this respect.

Comment

Holding Co's

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
                ATW is correct, not too many restrictions. The accounts that are available at Companies House should disclose the ultimate controlling part of a company and as ATW states, the annual return should show who owns the company shares of a limited company.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ
                  ATW is correct, not too many restrictions. The accounts that are available at Companies House should disclose the ultimate controlling part of a company and as ATW states, the annual return should show who owns the company shares of a limited company.
                  Welcome back Darren, good holiday? Was it a honeymoon?
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Hols

Afternoon LG, great holiday thanks. Honeymoon was last year, this year was for fishing & tourist stuff!

Comment

Working...
                    X