• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staff Incentives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff Incentives

A lesson in how it should be done.....

BBC News - Mansfield Town chairman gives Aston Martin to manager
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

That reminds me of my last permie job...

On day two of my nice new permy job during 2009 in technically interesting but rubbish paid role I was given a brand new shiny plastic biro as a welcome gift.
    On day three I served notice.

Moral of the story if you are going to give any gift at all make sure it's not cheap rubbish.

Comment

At one gig they had regular "Clear Desk Policy" inspections.

If you passed, they usually left a note saying well done and perhaps a piece of chocolate.

One time they left a teabag in a nice fancy wrapper.

The tea must have been bought as bankrupt stock or something. It tasted foul.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

My welcoming gift is a company credit card - sorted

Comment

Wait till he gets the tax bill....

Did wonder how this works - permie colleague at ClientCo got £500 in High Street vouchers for being employee of the year or sommat. Presumably she gets taxed on that? Bit of a pain if you're given a gift you didn't ask for worth £500 and get a tax bill of £200.

Comment

As a student I got a summer job with Dixons. They had what they called a spiv list which was all the stock items they wanted to get rid of from calculators to TV's, the greater the value the more an item added to the reward. You could choose to have the extra money added to your wages and taxed or for the local booze chain vouchers.

I went for the vouchers and cos I was only going to be there a relatively short time made sure everytjing I sold was on the list. At the end of the gig I had to get a mate with a car to transport the booze to my flat, cases of beer stacked to the ceiling, cases of spirits. I gave most of it away and kept the spirits for Christmas and New Year.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              As a student I got a summer job with Dixons. They had what they called a spiv list which was all the stock items they wanted to get rid of from calculators to TV's, the greater the value the more an item added to the reward. You could choose to have the extra money added to your wages and taxed or for the local booze chain vouchers.

I went for the vouchers and cos I was only going to be there a relatively short time made sure everytjing I sold was on the list. At the end of the gig I had to get a mate with a car to transport the booze to my flat, cases of beer stacked to the ceiling, cases of spirits. I gave most of it away and kept the spirits for Christmas and New Year.
              You didn't get taxed on the booze vouchers? Can myCo incentivise me with booze vouchers?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Wait till he gets the tax bill....

Did wonder how this works - permie colleague at ClientCo got £500 in High Street vouchers for being employee of the year or sommat. Presumably she gets taxed on that? Bit of a pain if you're given a gift you didn't ask for worth £500 and get a tax bill of £200.
                Normally I've seen it where you are given a gift of £700 which equals £500 in your pocket (exact math may vary)
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You didn't get taxed on the booze vouchers? Can myCo incentivise me with booze vouchers?
                  I thought these were booze vouchers.

You mean you can buy other stuff with them too? Amazing

Comment

That seemed to be the deal, get taxed if added as wages or full value if vouchers. Long time ago mind.

Three hundred quid of vouchers bought a lot of booze in the 70's.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X