• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sexist Vintage ads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sexist Vintage ads

More at TheVine - 101 Shockingly Sexist Vintage Ads - Life & pop culture, untangled

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Sheesh... Jade East cologne - that takes me back!
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Sheesh... Jade East cologne - that takes me back!
      I remember that too.

Have a cousin who's a cart tart with BA so always got quality smelly stuff at Christmas and birthday, stuck with Chanel all these years.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not really sexist, but gotta love the Leonard Rossiter Cinzano ads...

'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

about 2/3rds I'd consider sexist.

Couple we are going to have to keep Halo Jones away from. those spanking bits may be too much for her. Actually the missus might be getting some pink botty action tonight

Would like to do a similar study of modern ads and point out the gurning idiots presented as men by advertisers.

At least at this time it was considered acceptable to use the N word and assume anyone without a western education was considered a closet cannibal. Not sure what today's advertisers excuse is?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't think much has really changed. Just watched a Cif advert where the protaganist (an attractive grown woman) took on the role of princess cleaning the magic kingdom.

The 'gurning idiot' ads reinforce the view that cleaning is not for intelligent, educated men.

Comment

Working...
              X