• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More reasons not to buy a Toyota GT86

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More reasons not to buy a Toyota GT86

Jeremy Clarkson likes them

Jeremy
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Titter. I watched that too. Never see them in the same room etc...

Comment

There are only 2.0L
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

You can buy a cheap BMW or even an a MX5 if you want a wayward handling rear drive car for £5K if all you want to do is go slowly sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          You can buy a cheap BMW or even an a MX5 if you want a wayward handling rear drive car for £5K if all you want to do is go slowly sideways.
          Was anyone else thinking he'd picked up a dose of crabs from NLadyUK?

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
            There are only 2.0L
            There? Where?

Formula 1 cars are going to be only 1.6L from next year.

What was he going on about when he said rear-wheel drive is more complicated therefore only available on expensive cars? I know it's Top Gear, and more of a comedy than a car show, but you'd think Jezza might have picked up a thing or two about cars by now.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Maybe he meant a teeny tiny bit more complex. It does require fitting a drivetrain the full length of the car (assuming the engine is at the front) which involves more parts. That imples greater weight and takes up more space so perhaps fitting it into a small car without compromise is more expensive?

IIRC, the RX7 is a massive favourite for drifters. The Toyota just looked like an RX8 to me - same price too.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Maybe he meant a teeny tiny bit more complex. It does require fitting a drivetrain the full length of the car (assuming the engine is at the front) which involves more parts. That imples greater weight and takes up more space so perhaps fitting it into a small car without compromise is more expensive?

IIRC, the RX7 is a massive favourite for drifters. The Toyota just looked like an RX8 to me - same price too.
                No Wankel engine or suicide doors though.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  It's probably more complex to package everything tightly enough to fit in the front of a FWD car. In the olden days, all cars were RWD. Clarkson made it sound like RWD was incredibly complicated technology that only the likes of Mercedes could do, and for a price. In reality, the RX8, S2000, Lexus IS200 were all about the same price as the GT86 and from major manufacturers, and the MX-5 was and still is cheaper. There's nothing special about what Toyota/Subaru have done with the GT86/BRZ.

Seeing as the GT86/BRZ has basically the imprezza engine with the turbo taken off, I'm sure there'll be a big market for people who'll put the turbo back on. And then it will have a pretty decent amount of power.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I can't see the point of it. Why have a car where the backend fails to grip? I'm not interested in flying round corners with the @rse end hanging out. I want to know that it will get around the coner with the least amount of hassle.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X