• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having that feeling....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having that feeling....

that its time for a new client....

Having that more and more at the moment. Never used to bother me but there seem to be more and more people here who wind me up....

I try not to let things wind me up but it pisses me off when you help someone and then they get stroppy about something.

Unfortunately, fellow contractor is the worlds worst at this (who is the most permie like contractor I've ever met in my life) and seems to be in the process of empire building and jealously guarding all they can. Does my chunk in.....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Ha, i know how you feel, I'm in a very similar position.
    I've been at clientco WAAAAAAAAy too long and I need to go.
    I'm currently looking at other contracts and may actually leave before my contact end date - shock horror!
    Well I have been here > 3 years and the only reason they keep me on is cos I know too much...
    I just want to get developing again.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      that its time for a new client....-
      Hallelujah!!! PC finally gets it....

Having that more and more at the moment. Never used to bother me but there seem to be more and more people here who wind me up....
      You have got to be kidding? All the posts complaining about your client? They bother me and I ain't even working there.

Nothing will change though....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Hallelujah!!! PC finally gets it....

You have got to be kidding? All the posts complaining about your client? They bother me and I ain't even working there.

Nothing will change though....
        Always rely on NLUK to make me feel better LOL ;-)

Client itself has got a bit better recently. But some of the people who work here have not especially this one particular contractor. Seems they are on a bit of a mission now to make themselves look important - I just can't be arsed.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Contracts only ever last 23 months & 30 days.

ZeitRule #1.

I wants them expenses.
          Just hope it doesn't end in February then hey!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Never started one in Feb, but good point.

ZeitRule#2: 23 months and 27 days for contracts starting in February, unless it includes a leap year, when you're safe at 23 months and 28 days.
            And it's not how long you work... it's how long the contract says... If you 'know the role will last past 24 months' not 'if you will leave the day before'... anyway, you know this already

Comment

Just for you PC
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Thanks mate. Im filling up inside here! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Thanks mate. Im filling up inside here! :-)
                  No problem mate
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Flippin heck. Im now getting emails checking stupid things from said bob contractor now for stuff that was dealt with months ago.

This particular part of the project is almost done now but it seems this person now wants to get involved and feels the need to check what I've done! Normally, they don't go near what I do (not enough technical knowledge) so I can only think they've decided they want a piece of the pie now for some reason! Deffo some empire building going on here....

Tempted to step aside and let them get on with it and watch it all fall flat.....

Comment

Working...
                    X