• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wish this woman had asked about this in the Prof forums...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish this woman had asked about this in the Prof forums...

A costly mistake: Hairdresser loses £26,000 by paying her wages into the wrong account - and not realising for two years | Mail Online

Would have been worth an infraction or two that one....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

It doesn't take a genius to identify the recipient, she must have had identical name to the lady depositing the money, else the money wouldn't have gone to her (they do check the account name right?)

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      It doesn't take a genius to identify the recipient, she must have had identical name to the lady depositing the money, else the money wouldn't have gone to her (they do check the account name right?)
      There is no check on the name.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        Sort code and account number is all that is needed. I have to say though, that's possibly one of the dumbest people of all time, followed up by her husband who 'did all the bills'. He's even more of a fookwit for not realising her money didnt go in either.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Quite - story says that they're on a tight budget - you'd think they'd notice a grand a month missing.

Comment

Not a new piece of news. When setting up any new payment it always pays to transfer a small amount and check it's gone to the right place before transferring a lot.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Surely this is theft by the person who spent the money.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You would think so but it's probably not treated as a crime so they can claim crime is falling.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                  Surely this is theft by the person who spent the money.
                  I'd have thought so, but the bank won't reveal who it is so the "victim" can't report the crime to the police.

But I'd have thought the bank could have taken back the money anyway - i.e. by giving the perp a £26K overdraft, even if they had no realistic possibility of ever getting the money back.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Okay so it was a huge mistake but it is pretty sickening to lose that amount of money
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X