• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horsemeat - now they are blaming the eu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horsemeat - now they are blaming the eu

unintended consequences

tightening the laws on meat recovery led to horsemeat in burgers ?
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Sounds like bollocks.

Bollock neighs.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

"Manufacturers who were using it for value products had to leave the UK food chain and go and look at overseas suppliers at a price similar to DSM and this is where I think things started to go wrong," he said.
      surprise, it was money.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Blaming the europeans. That didn't last long eh?

BBC News - Horsemeat row: Slaughterhouse and meat firm raided

Mind you, Todmorden and Aberystwyth? Eating horse is the least of their problems

Comment

How about tests for dogs, cats, rats ... perhaps even human DNA ?
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

It would be nice if the public saw sense in all this and just bought their meat from a local butcher but I doubt they will continue to do so if they are because of the horse meat scandal.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
              How about tests for dogs, cats, rats ... perhaps even human DNA ?
              I'm surprised asda haven't been implicated. I had some 'ham' from there once and it didn't appear to be made from any known species of animal.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I'm surprised asda haven't been implicated. I had some 'ham' from there once and it didn't appear to be made from any known species of animal.
                Maybe test for Quorn?

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  It would be nice if the public saw sense in all this and just bought their meat from a local butcher but I doubt they will continue to do so if they are because of the horse meat scandal.
                  Seriously, my local butcher is the one place I wouldn't trust. Smells absolutely rank, doesn't look clean, etc. Found that with many smaller British butcher's shops. :-/
                  I think British butchers just aren't anything like the ones you find on the continent.

Though I think you're probably safe enough buying "unprocessed", chilled meat - shorter, more transparent supply chain than frozen ready meals.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                    Seriously, my local butcher is the one place I wouldn't trust. Smells absolutely rank, doesn't look clean, etc. Found that with many smaller British butcher's shops. :-/
                    I think British butchers just aren't anything like the ones you find on the continent.

Though I think you're probably safe enough buying "unprocessed", chilled meat - shorter, more transparent supply chain than frozen ready meals.
                    There are a couple of good things about Britain, one is the breakfast, and the other one is the British Butcher, carcasses hanging from the ceiling and blood all over his apron, you don´t see that anywhere else.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X