• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to the price of Tuna

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the price of Tuna

So I went shopping at Sainsbury's yesterday - contrary to common belief, they are one of the cheapest - their brand match and quality is the best IMO.

I went to buy some canned tuna (which I have not done for a long while) and I was in complete shock - between £7 and £8 for a multi-pack of 4! It was not so long ago that you could get the same for about £1.

Quantitative easing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Doesn't explain why Tuna has gone up so much compared to everything else....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Doesn't explain why Tuna has gone up so much compared to everything else....
        It could be that stocks are dwindling due to over fishing
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Theyre no longer mixing it with reclaimed seahorse.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

According to waitrose it's (john west pack of three) the same price it was a year ago and 50p cheaper than it's peak mid year.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Theyre no longer mixing it with reclaimed seahorse.
              I knew there was something fishy about that tuna....

Comment

Tesco. 1 can of tuna £1.35, 4 cans bundled £7.99 so save £2.59 if you buy individually
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Have I stumbled on a homeless chav forum by accident ?

Contractors should be buying Porpoise & Swan, not bloody Tuna, unless you're leaving it in the larder for the servants to eat,
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    So I went shopping at Sainsbury's yesterday - contrary to common belief, they are one of the cheapest - their brand match and quality is the best IMO.

I went to buy some canned tuna (which I have not done for a long while) and I was in complete shock - between £7 and £8 for a multi-pack of 4! It was not so long ago that you could get the same for about £1.
                    I don't like their brand match thing. You only get a voucher if you spend over £20 and then you only get a short time to use it. It is basically saying that we know we overcharged you by this much, so if you come back we'll give it you back (while we overcharge you again). It would be good if it gave you a breakdown of the items that they did overcharge you on. Also, if they know they are more expensive on certain items, then why not simply have the till use the brandmatch price at the point of sale and knock the price down there and then.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X