• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom

I got a feeling in me water we are on the verge of another financial/debt fuelled crash.

Everyones talking up the market so...

Sell, sell, sell!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I got a feeling in me water we are on the verge of another financial/debt fuelled crash.

Everyones talking up the market so...

Sell, sell, sell!
    Why anyone would listen to a pauper like you is beyond me.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Why anyone would listen to a pauper like you is beyond me.
      You're right.

Buy, buy, buy! *

* Sell options.

Comment

Too many boom/doom news articles at the moment. I am trying to work out where to invest some money but have a feeling that both the housing market and the stock market are on the verge of another crash.

Comment

2008 all over again?

Gold Near Seven-Month Low After Fed Minutes; Platinum Declines - Bloomberg
          Crude oil slide puzzles nervous U.S. market | Reuters
          FTSE knocked by Fed stimulus concern | Reuters

Slightest hint of cutting the printing presses...

Comment

Banks, resource firms bruise FTSE 100 - London Markets - MarketWatch

Comment

Wait for Bernanke's speech for hints of whether QE will continue for much longer. The only thing propelling stock markets is cheap money through QE; as soon as the market gets wind of the end of QE, it will correct.

Comment

Short term noise to be completely ignored.
                You can't time the market, you don't know what you are doing, buy indexes, across the globe charging the minimum in fees, monthly, automatically so you don't change your mind, use ISA's and SIPP's. Fire and forget for at least 5-10 years, you will be very happy you did.
                This becomes your warchest and if not needed it is your pension.
                I am covered for at least 5 years I reckon despite a patchy investing approach over the last 15 years, this gives me tremendous comfort and makes me immune from terrible jobs or having to live away.
                Within sight of here I can easily work part time or part of the year and pick and choose, not long after that, work will be optional.

Comment

It will only take a European default or a Benny Hill character becoming President of Italy... Oh!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                    Short term noise to be completely ignored.
                    You can't time the market, you don't know what you are doing, buy indexes, across the globe charging the minimum in fees, monthly, automatically so you don't change your mind, use ISA's and SIPP's. Fire and forget for at least 5-10 years, you will be very happy you did.
                    This becomes your warchest and if not needed it is your pension.
                    I am covered for at least 5 years I reckon despite a patchy investing approach over the last 15 years, this gives me tremendous comfort and makes me immune from terrible jobs or having to live away.
                    Within sight of here I can easily work part time or part of the year and pick and choose, not long after that, work will be optional.

I think you can time the market, buy when the price is below the 100 ma, the bigger the gap the more you buy. Stop buying when it's above.

Comment

Working...
                    X