• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spreadable vs "normal" butter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spreadable vs "normal" butter

Any opinions?

Normal butter tastes spankin' gawjus, but is difficult to spread.

Speadable butter, on the other hand, is spreadable but not as nice as normal butter.

It can make all the difference to that all important first meal of the day (4 slices of toast).
    Spreadable
    33.33%
    Normal
    29.17%
    I swing both ways
    29.17%
    AndyW's mum does all the spreading
    8.33%
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Don't keep butter in the fridge. Stick it in a butter dish and leave it in the kitchen. Voila, proper butter you can spread.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Don't keep butter in the fridge. Stick it in a butter dish and leave it in the kitchen. Voila, proper butter you can spread.
      +1
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        +1
        I'd give my right dick to be normal.....

Comment

I only use butter for cooking and baking, so it's "normal" butter all the way for me.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            More to the point, is spreadable better or worse for those Last Tango moments?

Low fat, unsalted butter, as it has less impurities therefore causing less risk of infection, is best but for a really smooth experience I would suggest an extra virgin olive oil...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I work the real butter on the side of a dish with a knife, the friction heats up the butter making it easier to spread
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Spreadable products are generally not pure butter.

Read the label.

Whole butter is better but spreadable is passable.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Shouldn't that be "Spreadable" vs normal butter? Because "spreadable" butter is anything but spreadable from the fridge, and if you have to leave it out you may as well by the regular kind.

Nobody's mentioned the "I can't believe it's not" variety.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I work the real butter on the side of a dish with a knife, the friction heats up the butter making it easier to spread
                    Will give that a go, and as others have said - leave normal butter out of the fridge! (- would this make the butter go off?)

BTW I've tried dumping a big splodge of butter on hot toast (straight out the toaster) in the hope that the rising heat will make the butter more compliant - doesn't seem to work that well.
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X