• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having watched that King's Cross Railway programme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having watched that King's Cross Railway programme

Last evening, it would appear that out here in the sticks we're doing quite well as regards the punctuality of the cattle trucks we travel in.

Glad I don't work in that Laahndaaahn.

It looks horrid.

And horribly expensive.

The look on the face of the chap who got told it would cost him £300 odd to travel to somewhere ooop North & back was priceless.

That's one of my pet hates with the trains. If you can book in advance and you can travel at a time when nobody is travelling, then the trains are reasonably priced. If you can't or something happens which means you have to book at short notice then you get financially battered for it. Also, if you spend £200+ on a ticket and lose it, then you have to buy another ticket. You can't get a reprint of it or anything, its a fresh new ticket. I queried this with Virgin once. An airline can and will give you another boarding pass or ticket. Virgin an dthe trains won't. They said its because the tickets are not personalised!! The ones I get all have my name on them...so this is bollux!

On the plus side, Virgin have given all traveller club people a free extension to Nov 2014 to their scheme. So free weekend travel for me for a while at least!!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
    X