• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

100 applications, not one call

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 applications, not one call

Made over 100 JS applications in the past week. Not one call. Not a sausage. Prior to this week I've had calls.

Is it :

a) Quiet market with bogus JS ads (it happens)?
    b) CV smells tulipty for some reason?
    c) Your most recent gig was not a BA role, you are applying for BA roles and most agents are too ******* stupid to read beyond the first role?
    d) There is a conspiracy out to get SY01 and the bastards won't rest until he last lost everything including his mind?
    e) It's been a week you turd, calm the **** down and think seriously if you are cut out for contracting?
    f) Contact AndyWs mother, she'll hook you up.

(Couldn't really be arsed to do a proper poll, and to be fair it's a kind of self indulgent crappy thread so probly doesn't deserve one)..

Flame away / harangue me on PMs for starting the Kryen sockie or whatever

[Seriously, the tulip I got for the Kryten sockie nearly made me leave the board. Some delusional types on here that take this board as real life, it's scary]
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Was considering whether or not I would renew my contract if they ask (got a couple of months yet). Had a look at what's on offer on the job boards and decided I'll probably stay put if the opportunity arises.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Was considering whether or not I would renew my contract if they ask (got a couple of months yet). Had a look at what's on offer on the job boards and decided I'll probably stay put if the opportunity arises.
      There's always lots about. Let me have a look.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You can have my job if you want. I'll give you £300 a day. It's for a big company and will look good on your CV. The only downside is that you'll probably have to give a goat a blowjob at some point.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          You can have my job if you want. I'll give you £300 a day. It's for a big company and will look good on your CV. The only downside is that you'll probably have to give a goat a blowjob at some point.
          £300 and a weekly pat on the head, saying the words (exact words mind) "There there, suity's been a good boy, would suity like a treat?" and you're on

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            £300 and a weekly cowpat on the head, saying the words (exact words mind) "There there, suity's been a good boy, would suity like a treat?" and you're on
            FTFY HTH
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              FTFY HTH
              goatpat shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                There's always lots about. Let me have a look.
                Oh that's nice. Have a look for K2P2, but not for your ole mucka SY01.

You're a monster (sob)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  goatpat shirley?
                  I do prefer goats, 'tis true

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I do prefer goats, 'tis true
                    In that case, why not have a word with some of your Masonic mates?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X