• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL for the lazy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTL for the lazy

Investors Chronicle - Paragon launches retail bond

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...pc-income.html

Fill yer boots and no hassle with nasty tenants.

1.5m Britons turn to buy-to-let investing - Telegraph

Nearly 1.5m investors hold buy-to-let mortgages, industry figures showed today, underlining how demand for property investment has surged.

Low interest rates, which have reduced the cost of borrowing and returns on savings, has encouraged many Britons to risk their long-term savings on house prices.

Rising rents in the past few years - partly a result of more priced-out first-timer buyers being forced to rent - have also inflated the income landlords can earn.

Buy-to-let lending accounted for 11.5 per cent of total gross mortgage lending in 2012, up from 9.8 per cent the year before, according to data from the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML).

As a total, £16.4bn was lent, up 19 per cent on a year earlier and the highest level for four years.

Fill yer boots!

Comment

Hasn't 'buying shares' in BTL portfolios been around for quite a while? Or is this different in some way?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Hasn't 'buying shares' in BTL portfolios been around for quite a while? Or is this different in some way?
        No idea.

You don't expect me to read this crap do you?

Comment

the average house is worth no more than 3.5 times the average salary...

houses are massively overpriced in the uk, mainly due to government manipulation of the market.

a big correction WILL happen at some point.

Comment

I knew this bloke who had a large BTL portfolio. Lots of flats in Sheffield and Manchester. He went bankrupt for over a million last year. How I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              I knew this bloke who had a large BTL portfolio. Lots of flats in Sheffield and Manchester. He went bankrupt for over a million last year. How I laughed.
              In a few years he can try again.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                No idea.

You don't expect me to read this crap do you?
                LOL!!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  With BTL though, hopefully one day the mortgage will be paid off and you own the house fully.
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    So you laugh because someone had a go at a being rich?
                    As opposed to being a whinger like you?
                    You should hange your usename to cantescapetheUKbecauseIhavenoskills.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X