• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend

I am off down to Sandwich in Kent. Mrs wants to meet up with her sisters .

must dash byeeee
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Currently posting this from my bed at the Majestic Hotel in Bologna after having slept off lunch and plenty of Sambuca. Off to Pappagallo for dinner in a couple of hours. More of the same tomorrow. Have fun.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

She's got me painting sprogs bedroom as he's back from Uni next week with the latest bint in tow

Colour scheme is antique white with one wall a slate grey for effect (blame daytime TV for that abomination) what is wrong with magnolia?

You ever tried cutting in a grey wall onto white coving, skirting & adjacent walls?

I hate painting but the carpet fitters are on site first thing in the morning
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Drinking second cup of coffee. Going through a 70 page operating manual for a Suhkoi Su-25 "Frogfoot" in the Digital Combat Simulator World.

I have worked out take off and landings, the Air-to-Air mode, successfully shot down an A-10 "Warthog" with an R-60 missile. Has a bloody narrow seek window though. Now trying to decipher the Air-to-Ground mode. Will buy the Warthog package if this sim works out well.

hyperD in "livin' the virtual dream" mode
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Drinking second cup of coffee. Going through a 70 page operating manual for a Suhkoi Su-25 "Frogfoot" in the Digital Combat Simulator World.

I have worked out take off and landings, the Air-to-Air mode, successfully shot down an A-10 "Warthog" with an R-60 missile. Has a bloody narrow seek window though. Now trying to decipher the Air-to-Ground mode. Will buy the Warthog package if this sim works out well.

hyperD in "livin' the virtual dream" mode
          Flip me, at that rate you'll be called to the colours and end up doing the real thing, dodging Taliban missiles in Afghanistan
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Had some friends around for a belated pancake evening last night.

Off to Sligro ( cloggy equivalent of a catering cash and carry) in a bit to get the ingredients for a stew for 45 people, been enlisted to cook for an event for someone next Friday.

This evening cooking a nice meal for me and Mr N to celebrate being back in cloggers full time

Tomorrow is cloggy film club at my old language school.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Trying to get some test data requirements out of a bunch of Bobs. They can't be trusted to run an update or insert into the database themselves.

I might get out of here by 3pm if I'm lucky.

Comment

Working yesterday evening - out of hours release.

Rubbish parkrun(walk) this morning.

A large pile of washing beckons...

Comment

Sitting on a bench waiting for the cocktail of painkillers, powerade and coffee to do it's work, then breakfast, then changing some roms in a random ebay buy and hopefully getting it working properly.

Tomorrow taking eldest to a museum or something of that ilk.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Off to Ikea to pick up some bathroom fittings and accessories shortly. Builder says bathroom will be finished on Tuesday. Not sure I believe him (he also said he'd start early January but didn't actually show up until last Monday).

Dinner out with a few neighbours tonight. Not much planned for tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X