• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TdF thread for the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TdF thread for the day

Theres actually a Brit doing something worth watching in the race!

Britain's Bradley Wiggins is among five riders to have broken four minutes clear of the peloton on stage four of the Tour de France.
    The Briton, who has had a tough last two days, is joined by Egoi Martinez, Christophe Mengin, Laurent Lefevre and Cedric Coutouly.

They wont stay out, the sprinters wont let them, but it's good to see anyway.

Other news :

A lot of the riders were noticeably nervous before the stage start after Tuesday's crashes. Alejandro Valverde, known in Spain as "Bala Verde" (the green bullet), suffered in his fall, breaking his collar bone. But Erik Dekker was far worse off.

His team spokesman explained: "Some of the guys thought he was dead. The tar from the road was all over his face." For the record, Dekker broke several teeth, ripped open his top lip and suffered deep and bloody cuts on his face as well as concussion.

Dekker was operated on last night in a hospital in the Netherlands. He required a general anaesthetic so that surgeons could remove gravel that was imbedded in his face. The rider who began his pro career after finishing second in the Barcelona Olympics road race (behind Fabio Casartelli) also chipped several of his teeth.

He hit a pothole but never saw it beforehand and had not time to react; that’s why he landed on his face. He is expected to spend a few more days in hospital...
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Ok, you flushed me out.

Dekker's face plant sounds pretty gruesome. Was this shown on the tv footage (I have missed it so far)?

Comment

Missed last nights highlights due to family commitments Only 1 hr per day on ITV 4 ffs.

Did see Hushovd getting hit but a large cardboard hand in the final sprint on Day 2. Nasty gash on his arm and blood everywhere. Still racing though so no real harm done I guess.

Comment

Understatment of the day...

There's a plethora of riders carrying bumps and bruises in the field today. Among the strugglers are Sandy Casar, who hit a spectator on Tuesday and went catapulting to the tarmac, and Stuart O'Grady, who seems to be faring ok considering the fact he has a cracked verterbra in his back. That should make life fairly unpleasant once the Tour hits the mountains.

Matt Majendie, BBC Sport.

Comment

I'm going to miss Dekkers epic "I'm gonna ride this stage all on my own ahead of you to$$ers as i'm feckin hard" day.

Shame really as he had time out previously for 2 (yep 2) broken legs.
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

You get daily live coverage of every minute of every stage on France 2.
            Maybe you could try and get that on the Net?
            We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Google Earth

There is a Google Earth layer showing this years route available here. The mountain stages look very impressive flying through them.

Comment

Shaping up to be a good finish. The Peloton are now only 45 sec behind the leaders and gaining fast. Inside the last 10Km.

Looks like it will be a cavalry charge to the finish line.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  How do they get the horses to stay on the bicycles?
                  Stabalisers of course! Silly Lizard.

Comment

Working...
                  X