• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P4 in trouble?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P4 in trouble?

Anyone still using Prosperity4?? One of my co-workers had a few problems with them and, after a bit of investigation, has found out that they are 6 months overdue filing their accounts. Doesn't that mean Brownstuff will be sending off some rather hefty fines? Any accountants out there know if this is indicative of financial problems - said co-worker is looking somewhat concerned

P4

Originally posted by John Galt
    Anyone still using Prosperity4?? One of my co-workers had a few problems with them and, after a bit of investigation, has found out that they are 6 months overdue filing their accounts. Doesn't that mean Brownstuff will be sending off some rather hefty fines? Any accountants out there know if this is indicative of financial problems - said co-worker is looking somewhat concerned

May indicate financial problems, maybe not, but it doesn't give much credibility if a company which is in the accountancy business is 6 months late with its own accounts. I do remember though that they were trading insolvently to quite a large degree a while back.
    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Ooer

Six months late filing

Not big and not clever. Hope they ready to bend over and accept a royal rogering.
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret
        Six months late filing

Not big and not clever. Hope they ready to bend over and accept a royal rogering.
        ...which brings us back to the male g-spot...
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Watch what you say here. P4 have already been in touch with shout99 about some of the comments on there relating to them.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

disclaimer:- my comments expressed about Prosperity 4 are all my own work and have nothing to do with ContractorUK forum beliefs or expressions, that of its moderators or other members

I stand by my comments, once bitten twice shy, late payments, excuses after excuse for non payment, bad comms and on one memorable occasion when I asked why they hadnt paid me(even though they had had the money in from the EA) - "you should be grateful to be receiving anything this month", and at that point I walked and found a new umbrella.

Im sure they are treating you really well moneymoney and good luck to you with them, me I know where my money is safe

Comment

When I was hunting around the Umbrella Market for a provider, they were a name that seemed to crop up quite a lot.

I contacted them via their website, and had a call back from an agent.

I found his manner to be pushy, and he reminded me of a hard sell estate agent. I could almost smell the brut and the brylcream.

After reading the website again, I formed my own personal opinion that they were Style over Substance, backed up with The Hard Sell.

So I went elsewhere.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

You guys call yourselves contractors YET here you are using someone else to act as a go between for you, your agents and your clients!

Bah, run your own limited company then the only fail point will be the agents not paying up!

Mailman

Comment

Limited vs Umbrella

On this subject, just noticed the link at the top of the board.

http://www.manager.co.uk/

What a cr@ppy site. I think the small gap at top left of all the group boxes where they've used a Windows groupbox without specifying a name, rather than adding proper borders, is a rather sweet touch.

Comment

Gosh thanks for that Mailman, you know theres a whole thread on the differences between ltd/umbrella/etc and even though your well put and descriptive post almost swayed me to going Ltd and all the problems/joys that would bring - I think ill stick with my umbrella thanks.

Maybe if youd have made such a tirade 4 years ago I might of missed the whole P4 problem

Comment

Working...
                    X