• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would You Skill Up For One Specific Gig?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would You Skill Up For One Specific Gig?

For as long as I have been contracting I have seen the same job advertised for what some would consider to be a prestigious client, lets say they are a Big Broadcasting Client in White City, now the reason why this catches my eye every time is they are asking for a very niche skill which does actually compliment my existing set but without experience its a bit of a non starter even if I tick every other box as they are adamant they use this niche technology.

Has anyone managed to skill up in their down time and blag their way to a niche product using the knowledge they already know from similar skills to talk the talk?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    For as long as I have been contracting I have seen the same job advertised for what some would consider to be a prestigious client, lets say they are a Big Broadcasting Client in White City, now the reason why this catches my eye every time is they are asking for a very niche skill which does actually compliment my existing set but without experience its a bit of a non starter even if I tick every other box as they are adamant they use this niche technology.

Has anyone managed to skill up in their down time and blag their way to a niche product using the knowledge they already know from similar skills to talk the talk?
    Hope_this_helps
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You're going to learn to foxtrot so you can appear on celebrity come dancing?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        surely hope this helps
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          You're going to learn to foxtrot so you can appear on celebrity come dancing?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to doodab again.
          Can someone do the needful please?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Can you take it off MF then instead?

Comment

Done
                Join IPSE

Comment

done that.

as for the latter request
                  You must spread some Reputation around before negging MarillionFan again.
                  I've got the same issue you have.
                  Last edited by eek; 18 February 2013, 15:22.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What is this 'niche' skill they require (I can't check jobswerve at clientco)

Comment

Working...
                    X