• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Workman Quotes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Workman Quotes

I have needed two trees cut back and had a couple of local guys round to provide quotes;

Garden co 1 - £200 to cut both back and remove trimmings
    Garden co 2 - said 1 tree is dead and needs cutting down and tree stump killed off, other tree to cut back - £160

Gardener doing work next door and so asked him for a third quote - £60 to trim both and remove trimmings. Can do next week and says workman 2 talking rubbish that tree is dead. Been round, done the work and all tidied up.

How's that for a vast difference !!

which one was Polish?
    Which was from the travelling Community?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe not the case here, but often there are disposal fees and stuff... your gardener might be just a bloke with a chainsaw and a bonfire
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        which one was Polish?
        Which was from the travelling Community?
        Garden co 1
        Garden co 2 (although didn't comment on the state of my driveway...)

Comment

A lot of tree surgeons now actually work at cost to remove the trees if they can take the logs away as they can get a lot of money for decent hardwood logs from people with log-burners.

Comment

I had a gentleman from the travelling community come and trim my trees. He'd done a really good job on the front garden, so I let him round the back. He was chopping stuff off merrily and I had to go out, so I paid him (£160) and left him to finish the job.
            Came home to find garden full of branches. He never showed again. Lesson learnt.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I had a gentleman from the travelling community come and trim my trees. He'd done a really good job on the front garden, so I let him round the back. He was chopping stuff off merrily and I had to go out, so I paid him (£160) and left him to finish the job.
              Came home to find garden full of branches. He never showed again. Lesson learnt.
              So he came round to sort out your bush, you loved it so much you asked him to service the back?

Then he left a mess?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                So he came round to sort out your bush, you loved it so much you asked him to service the back?

Then he left a mess?
                That about sums it up.

Comment

How big are the trees and how much did you want taken off?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Got two quotes last year to take down about 2/3 of a huge oak tree. Both quotes from local English tree surgeons.
                    The first quote was for almost £2.5K, the second one was just over £900. Guess who got the work?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X