• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax avoiders should be named and shamed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax avoiders should be named and shamed

Oh, here we go again:

BBC News - Tax avoiders should be named and shamed, says watchdog

Have to agree with this comment "Simplify the tax system and the loopholes will go away". Successive governments love having this massive and confusing tax system so they can tinker with the system to get a headline for giving tax breaks with one hand while they quietly take them back with the other. In the meantime people will continue to structure their personal and business affairs to legally minimise the amount of tax they pay.

The other trouble is that most MPs are engaging in tax avoidance which is worse than 99.9% of the population would even dream of...
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

I can name 600+ tax evaders claiming expenses that aren't wholly & exclusively in pursuit of their job.

but they will only get a slapped wrist.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It is ones duty to minimize their tax bill especially when you see how it is being wasted by the government
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        It is ones duty to minimize their tax bill especially when you see how it is being wasted by the government
        WHS +1

Although those in power would NEVER consider it wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          WHS +1

Although those in power would NEVER consider it wasted.
          Well their salaries, expenses and pensions are all derived from taxes. Nothing like having a vested interest in ensuring it's paid is there
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

I wouldn't mind being "named and shamed" by them.
            Just as long as the photo they use of me has one finger stuck up at 'em.

Comment

Surely so called naming and shaming would contravene some law, why don't we publish a list of those who claim the most benefits as not only are they not contributing they're just taking. At least someone who avoids taxation is self sufficient and less likely to be a burden on the state.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                The other trouble is that most MPs are engaging in tax avoidance which is worse than 99.9% of the population would even dream of...
                Facts please. Not scurrilous newspaper stories or references back to the expenses scandal that WAS going on, but facts based on current data. Did they make all MP finances transparent, or did I imagine that?

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Well their salaries, expenses and pensions are all derived from taxes. Nothing like having a vested interest in ensuring it's paid is there
                They get paid regardless if we avoid our tax. They want to clamp down on avoidance merely for the PR (well and some of them will genuinely think it's morally right of course.)
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

People to be named and shamed for obeying the law. What a crazy world we live in.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    They get paid regardless if we avoid our tax. They want to clamp down on avoidance merely for the PR (well and some of them will genuinely think it's morally right of course.)
                    Come on d000hg I was responding to the comment that they don't consider it wasted money and gave a few reasons why
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X