• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I get rid of unwanted text messages?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get rid of unwanted text messages?

A friend of mine made the mistake a few years ago of giving out her mobile number when signing up for a club promotion service in London. The result is that every week she gets at least one spam text from these folks telling her about an event at some club in London, and they seem to be increasing in frequency.

I have heard that you should be able to reply to unwanted text messages with the word "STOP". HOWEVER ... there is no number to reply to!?!

When I go to message details, the sender of this message is "Round 2 of" and the message centre number is +44785013988.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to block these anoying texts?

Switch off the phone.

Comment

Tps

Telephone preference society has a thing for texts as well. Should stop most stuff. the only crap I still get is the annual calls from all and sundry with I presume a ripped off copy of the orange database trying to flog upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by vegemite4me
        A friend of mine made the mistake a few years ago of giving out her mobile number when signing up for a club promotion service in London. The result is that every week she gets at least one spam text from these folks telling her about an event at some club in London, and they seem to be increasing in frequency.

I have heard that you should be able to reply to unwanted text messages with the word "STOP". HOWEVER ... there is no number to reply to!?!

When I go to message details, the sender of this message is "Round 2 of" and the message centre number is +44785013988.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to block these anoying texts?
        Women and technology eh?...bless 'em
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by nobody here but us chicke
          Telephone preference society has a thing for texts as well. Should stop most stuff. the only crap I still get is the annual calls from all and sundry with I presume a ripped off copy of the orange database trying to flog upgrades.
          I agree - TPS is useful and could well help. I use the Mailing Preference Service too.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

A friend of mine made the mistake a few years ago of giving out her mobile number when signing up for a club promotion service in London.

Not sure if TPS will help here as your friend had signed up for the information. Try contacting them direct and asking to be removed.

Comment

Send me her number....I can and will help!

Comment

Preferance services wont help as she has opted in.

The TLG patent answer for phone issues is to get yourself a premium rate number and put that on all the web sites and request forms for what you know will get spammed say yes when they ask if they can call you. That way they either ignore you or pay you.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

A friend of mine made the mistake a few years ago of giving out her mobile number ... Does anyone have any ideas on how to block these anoying texts?
                  Yeah right! nice one! what is happening in big brother these days I wonder...
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X