• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How bad is the market ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad is the market ?

I am invited to take another contract at my c'co. Its not really the kind of work I would enjoy doing and the rate is very modest. Nevertheless it is a good location, blue chip and relatively relaxed working environment.

I have six weeks left on my current contract - so six weeks to find something I would really enjoy at great rate.

How much risk is involved, is the market really that bad?
    I was out looking in Jan-Feb last year and it was quite hopeless back then. (I am risk analyst - developer)
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Originally posted by mos View Post
    I am invited to take another contract at my c'co. Its not really the kind of work I would enjoy doing and the rate is very modest. Nevertheless it is a good location, blue chip and relatively relaxed working environment.

I have six weeks left on my current contract - so six weeks to find something I would really enjoy at great rate.

How much risk is involved, is the market really that bad?
    I was out looking in Jan-Feb last year and it was quite hopeless back then. (I am risk analyst - developer)
    I'm finding the market very very dead
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm seeing an improving market and getting more calls and emails this past month than I've had in the past year.

Maybe this has something to do with it.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Pretty good for me, not actively looking yet but getting calls non the less, but then again I don't have Suity's reputation
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Pretty good for me, not actively looking yet but getting calls non the less, but then again I don't have Suity's reputation
          Did you get yourself checked? Antipsychotics would really help you, seriously.

Comment

Had lots of calls recently and have not sent my CV out in years.

A summer off is calling me though.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Had lots of calls recently and have not sent my CV out in years.

A summer off is calling me though.
              +1 had a couple a day over the last fortnight and my CV must be 2 years old at most agencies.

Oh and I'm not looking Plan C looks profitable enough that I can focus on Plan B.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In many ways I wish I was still a code monkey, then I would be getting calls to.

Comment

It seemed a quiet in the S/W when I have looked lately, however was put forward for one role and got an offer at a higher rate than before so not bad. It seems like it may be hard to get a decent or even average .NET developer (I know last clientco are struggling to get permies in who are up to scratch).

Comment

Just had a chat with a pimp, went something like this...

"I am finishing up in a few weeks but not really looking, wanting to take the summer off, thanks anyway...

...they are willing to pay how much!?!?

...OK, I'll have my CV over in an hour"

Comment

Working...
                    X