• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My bedroom is bugged

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bedroom is bugged

I live in a bungalow, sometimes get slugs in the kitchen. However, found 2 baby slugs in the bedroom this morning.

I have a cat, so need to be careful about usual cure of sprinkling salt about the skirting boards.

May well invest in a new dehumidifier - can anyone recommended a good quiet one that will allow sleep?

Any bug busting suggestions?

Would be up for a nice brunette to get down with some nice bug stomping action.....

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    I live in a bungalow, sometimes get slugs in the kitchen. However, found 2 baby slugs in the bedroom this morning.

I have a cat, so need to be careful about usual cure of sprinkling salt about the skirting boards.

May well invest in a new dehumidifier - can anyone recommended a good quiet one that will allow sleep?

Any bug busting suggestions?

Would be up for a nice brunette to get down with some nice bug stomping action.....
    Slugs (& snails) are weird, I see them and the slime trails they leave behind heading up the gable ends of the house towards the apex...can't imagine what the little fookers are going to do once they get there as the birds always get to them first
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I have a couple of trails in my fireplace just now that need cleaned off, little feckers must have came down the chimney.

Comment

Erm... A slug is referred to as a 'Gastropod Mollusc', not a 'bug' or an 'insect', it has it's very own branch. HTH
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Xog will be along soon to tell you to leave them alone.

Comment

I have them coming into the kitchen during the non-winter months.....

Really nasty little creatures.

Comment

Back when I lived in an old terraced house up in York, I used to get loads of slugs in the kitchen. Tried the salt thing after reading that they can smell (?) it and it's meant to work well as a slug repellant. Well, it didn't work as intended and I ended up with a lot of semi-dissolved (and very smelly) slug corpses.
              Last edited by formant; 21 February 2013, 14:02. Reason: typo.... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                slug corpes.
                Yuk. Sounds nearly as bad as slug corpses

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Yuk. Sounds nearly as bad as slug corpses
                  Hehe....

Comment

Xog will be along soon to tell you to leave them alone.
                    Quite right!!

We used to get the occasional slug on our living carpet before we had a conservatory built. Now the conservatory gets woodlice and I have to go round rescuing them. The conservatory is well built and I have searched high and low without success for anywhere they could possibly be getting in. Sure they must have little Startrek type transporters.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X