• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yesterdays potential day billing was sent mostly sitting in A+E (and sleeping)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterdays potential day billing was sent mostly sitting in A+E (and sleeping)

Not the best use of a day off to say the least....

Poor Mrs Candy, prego, bad asthma, managed to somehow knacker her back on Tuesday morning. So went home from client to take her to A+E.

6 hours in A+E and then sent home with what turn out to be piss poor painkillers.

Come midnight last night and she was in a bit of a state. Then spent next 12 hours in A+E again, various dept in hospital until getting hold of someone who knew what they were on about. Got some decent painkillers now.

Client is pretty good so they'll let me cover off my 2 hour day on Tuesday but I don't think yesterday is going fly. To be honest, after 36 hours awake I wasn't about to login from home.....

But amazed how A+E is filled with a mixture of nutters, pissheads, and timewasters during the nighttime hours..... Complete hell hole it is. To be honest, half of them deserved to be turfed out onto the pavement...

Anyone ever had a worse day off not billing? :-(
    Last edited by psychocandy; 22 February 2013, 09:24.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Your title says you were billing, your last line says you weren't. Which is it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Your title says you were billing, your last line says you weren't. Which is it?
      Ah. Fixed now. Lack of sleep still matey...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Ah. Fixed now. Lack of sleep still matey...
        Might wanna also correct 'sent' to 'spent' while you're at it.

Sorry to hear about the crap day.

Comment

What did you expect? You're talking about the NHS, the envy of the World

(Hope the wife's pains are nothing serious.)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Are you sure that's what she meant when she complained about the pain in the neck?

Comment

Remember that many of the "timewasters" in A+E are there because they can't get a GP appointment inside the next 2 weeks (I share their ) so they go to A+E instead

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Remember that many of the "timewasters" in A+E are there because they can't get a GP appointment inside the next 2 weeks (I share their ) so they go to A+E instead
                Yeh. There did seem to be 3 polish fellas there as well. Whats the betting they hadn't even registered for GP and had just turned up at A&E?

For GP treatable illness, I'd have to have a pretty severe case to want to sit on a plastic chair in A&E for 5 hours+ mind.
                Last edited by psychocandy; 22 February 2013, 09:28.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  What did you expect? You're talking about the NHS, the envy of the World

(Hope the wife's pains are nothing serious.)
                  Tell me about it. Recent experiences with the NHS have indeed been crap...

Mrs home now and doing a bit better at least.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Not the best use of a day off to say the least....

Poor Mrs Candy, prego, bad asthma, managed to somehow knacker her back on Tuesday morning. So went home from client to take her to A+E.

6 hours in A+E and then sent home with what turn out to be piss poor painkillers.

Come midnight last night and she was in a bit of a state. Then spent next 12 hours in A+E again, various dept in hospital until getting hold of someone who knew what they were on about. Got some decent painkillers now.

Client is pretty good so they'll let me cover off my 2 hour day on Tuesday but I don't think yesterday is going fly. To be honest, after 36 hours awake I wasn't about to login from home.....

But amazed how A+E is filled with a mixture of nutters, pissheads, and timewasters during the nighttime hours..... Complete hell hole it is. To be honest, half of them deserved to be turfed out onto the pavement...

Anyone ever had a worse day off not billing? :-(
                    I feel your pain, through mine!
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X