• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your ratio?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your ratio?

I've always been of the opinion that if your stereo cost more than your record collection you have your priorities wrong.

I'm about 15:1 in favour of the music. Where are you?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I've always been of the opinion that if your stereo cost more than your record collection you have your priorities wrong.

The samel. I stole this laptop and illegally download my music off Pirate Bay.

Next!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      The samel.
      Aha! So you are the dreaded Samel.

You are banged to rights with that little slip, MF.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Aha! So you are the dreaded Samel.

You are banged to rights with that little slip, MF.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samel_%C5%A0abanovi%C4%8

I'm scared
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

I just hit infinity. I used to use CDs but have compared my originals to Spotify and on most recordings I can't tell the difference. And my stereo wasn't cheap. So now I've paid nothing for hundreds of thousands of albums (or £10 / month as I don't want the ads).
          Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
            I just hit infinity. I used to use CDs but have compared my originals to Spotify and on most recordings I can't tell the difference. And my stereo wasn't cheap. So now I've paid nothing for hundreds of thousands of albums (or £10 / month as I don't want the ads).
            That's not infinity, it's zero.

0/x = 0

Comment

Impossible to calculate. My vinyl collection includes some stuff that has increased in value, but not a lot. CDs bought from Amazon presumably have no value fluctuations worth speaking of after purchase. As for kit to play it, that's whatever handheld, laptop, or (not at the moment) desktop apparatus I have, from which I can listen to it via headphones or could, if I could be bothered, stream it to loudspeakers. The only additional bit of kit is my USB turntable, for making the definitive copy of the vinyl.

Also, my hearing is pretty seriously crappy these days from too many nights in crowded pubs with noisy bands, so spending money on high fidelity audio reproduction technology would be a waste

Comment

Working...
              X